UEFA Champions League/Europa League 13/14/15 March *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
lol, people believing what they want, no one here has ever seen their own players standing up or shouting towards the end of huge matches, really? The gif manages to miss the 30 seconds before where Di Matteo was yelling himself, first telling Luiz there was only 3 minutes to go and then to switch with Essien. Wow, I've never seen such blatant proof that Terry is actually the unofficial manager.

Of course on the other hand if it was true, AVB couldn't lead the players and two games under Terry's control, 2 wins and a turn around against a very good Italian side....... says less about player power and more about Terry being a good leader who could be their player manager. I don't believe the latter(much, he IS a good leader and likely does have an easier job rallying the players without AVB hanging an axe over all their best players), but considering this years "the old guard must go" press agenda, which was seemingly shared by AVB, and it was "the old guard" entirely responsible for winning a crucial game last night, the only thing that can really be said is, everyone was entirely wrong about getting rid of the "old" players.

Caporegime
strange selection, I was hoping for Scholes instead of Park ,

goals hopefully provided by young and Giggsy also

Moyes, Fergie, and a few others, a "tough" game automatically means certain players being picked no matter what, for Fergie its Park and playing a certain way, and luxury(read that as you know, good/great players) make way for grafters(read useless but fit and good at looking innocent to avoid yellow cards). Park shouldn't really ever start games for Utd, Carling Cup early season, sub to save players when you're 3-0 up, covering injuries, but in must win games... never.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Moyes, Fergie, and a few others, a "tough" game automatically means certain players being picked no matter what, for Fergie its Park and playing a certain way, and luxury(read that as you know, good/great players) make way for grafters(read useless but fit and good at looking innocent to avoid yellow cards). Park shouldn't really ever start games for Utd, Carling Cup early season, sub to save players when you're 3-0 up, covering injuries, but in must win games... never.

Yep, standard tactics and it rarely works. When it does "work", I never feel that it has actually worked, merely that we would have been even better off with someone else there.

Back
Top Bottom