UEFA Champions League/Europa League 13/14/15 March *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
I don't think Di Matteo has done anything, I think he's just bent over and let John Terry sort it all out.

Surprised he didn't take Di Matteo's jacket and tie after he came off, the way he was shouting from the bench was laughable just days after 'there's no player power here'.

Soldato
JT26 - No player power here guv I promise, we're all sad to see AvB go

v3jf51.jpg

Yeah right John. Yeah right.

Soldato
I think people are reading far too much into the Terry moving Luiz and Essien around ~thing~. He just saw that Luiz was injured and knew it was really important to switch the more mobile player back there - there were minutes left, so just get it done asap. Chat about it later, but if an essential change is needed, make it.

If Terry had been on the pitch and seen Luiz was injured, he'd've got Luiz and Essien to switch. That's not player power gone mad, that's the senior defender reacting to a situation.

He's not the manager though so it's not his place to do so.

Can you imagine Ferdinand coming off injured for Man Utd and standing on the touch line telling Carrick to fill in at centre back because Evans has an injury? Or would his take his seat in the dugout and leave the tactics to Fergie?

I find the whole Terry dismissing the player power at Chelsea highly ironic given he's the one that's at the centre of it. The pro Chelsea argument would be a lot more believable if it wasn't coming from the old guard who's noises have been put out of joint by AVB.

Soldato
Here's tonights reported line up:

Team: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Park, Cleverley, Carrick, Giggs, Young, Rooney

Bench: Amos, Smalling, Hernandez, Fabio, Scholes, Pogba, Welbeck

I guess Valencia just wasn't ready to start unfortunately.

Possibly playing Young just behind Rooney and Park & Giggs out wide maybe in a 4-4-1-1 rather than 4-5-1.

EDIT: Think it's been confirmed now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom