Gigabyte Z77M-D3H is OC useless ?

Soldato
I once got a custom bios from some place for a asus board to get ahci for my ssd. Is there any places on the web that do custom bios for your motherboard which might get that option enabled for you.

Think this is the place i got mine from, im sure they do bios mods for a lot of other boards and manufacturers.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/

Associate
It might not be that fully featured (3D bios) but the traditional 2D type seems to have more options than I could shake a wobbly stick at, especially on my UD5H.
Also as I do not spend that much time in there I seem to prefer the layout of more conventional type of bios screen.

I would not choose an Asus over a Gigabyte just for a better bios when I would also lose out on Gigabytes excellent UK based support and then end up with Asus's supposedly mediocre offerings.

please tell more on the Asus vs GB part...

Associate
What you should do is to always download the manual for the board before you buy it, as the above screen grabs were taken from them. It does give you an idea of what could be missing from the board, if that is important to you.

Definitely, Z77M-D3H was not designed for OC purposes. If anyone wants OC then please choose different model from our offer for example at least Z77-D3H which has this function. It has been noticed here for instance:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22608892&postcount=27

Associate
OP
Well, i'm RMA'ing the z77m-d3h.
What should i replace it with ? Same budget, Z77 ?

It absolutely has to be Micro ATX form factor...

Any thoughts on Asrock Z77 Pro4 M ?

Last edited:
Soldato
please tell more on the Asus vs GB part...

I can only offer my personal experience of Gigabyte repairing a Z77 motherboard which I had damaged completely free of charge. They were a pleasure to deal with and provided a prompt service.
Being based in the UK makes returning stuff and talking to them much easier than having to post items internationally.

Back
Top Bottom