My first rig project :D

Associate
OP
Got the double boot problem (again) after overclocking. Increasing thd ram voltage seems to stop it; from 1.5 to 1.55.

Going to document the rest of the settings here for future reference.

AI Tweak
Ai O/c - Manual
By all cores - 42
Int PLL O/V - enabled
Mem freq - ddr3 16k (correct for my ram)
epi power saver - disabled
dram timings - auto

CPU power man.

Cpu ratio - auto
enhanced power thing - enabled
turbo mode - enabled
rest mobo auto

Load line cvalib - extreme
vrm freq - auto
phase control - ext
duty control - ext
cpu current cap. - 110%

cpu volt - auto setting it aT 1.23
DRAM - 1.55

the rest I left on auto

apart from cpu spread spectrum - disabled

Advanced menu

cpu ratio - auto
thermal mon - disabled
active processor cores - all
limit cpuid - disabled
execute disable bit - enabled
intel virtualisation tech - disabled
inhanced speedstep tech - enabled
turbo mode - enabled

the rest disabled

Associate
OP
also for the cpu current capacity; its actually at 100%. Now there's only options for 100 and 140%, whereas before there was for 110,120,130 also.

Soldato
Go into bios and disable marvel and jmicron option rom, that should sort your double post.

And for a 4.2GHz clock all you should need to change is the multi and vcore.

As your learning i would leave everything on auto and change your multi to x40, now go into windows and run cpuz, load the system and see what voltage the core is using and make a note of it. Now go back to bios and enter that voltage. Now up the multi and then stress the system, intel burn test is quickest for test but set memory to maximum. Repeat until it crashes and either drop the multi back 1 or if temps are good nudge the vcore a little. No need to go past x44 really.

And i wouldn't take temps above 88c when using IBT, prime, etc

How do you have your fans on the cpu cooler?? It looks like the one nearest the cpu is pulling air into the case?? They should both be the same way and blowing OUT

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for your tips. I'll try making those tweaks tomorrow.

As for the cpu fans; shiiit, I thought they were supposed to be blowing cold air in? Thanks loads for pointing that out.

I've tested on prime 95 for about 10 hours now and hottest temps are 85.

Associate
OP
Thanks; what is bclk pls?

Also does anyone have a view on which way my fans should be blowing? Surely I want the two water cooling fans pulling cold air into the case and over the radiator?

Associate
OP
Thanks; what is bclk pls?

Also does anyone have a view on which way my fans should be blowing? Surely I want the two water cooling fans pulling cold air into the case and over the radiator?

answered that one myself. it was set at 103 and I swicthed it to 100. (the double post problem came back again even though Id thought id solved it with changing ram voltage).

Thanks for the tip. Im going to open up the case and see if I can get temps down by switching the two fans at the top left so they#re blowing air out

Soldato
answered that one myself. it was set at 103 and I swicthed it to 100. (the double post problem came back again even though Id thought id solved it with changing ram voltage).

Thanks for the tip. Im going to open up the case and see if I can get temps down by switching the two fans at the top left so they#re blowing air out

bclk has nothing to do with a double post, unless its unstable with high clocks.
like i said earlier, dissable the option roms in bios.(go to advanced in bios then select onboard device configuration and dissable "display option rom in post"

fans
front bottom- intake
top- generally exhaust but try both
cpu/rad- exhaust
(set to intake and you will pull the air in which is being warmed up by the radiator)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
8265684788_4fc1bb5f5a.jpg
[/url] IMG_0945[1] by Redeku, on Flickr[/IMG]

Associate
OP
Switched the fans / cabling about and I am very happy.

The hard drive is switched around, to help with the cabling and it looks a bit tidier and helped A LOT with the rest of the cabling.

There's still a bit at the bottom, to the right of the PS, which could just use some tieing together.

The 'Ac 97' cable above the PS is actually hooked onto one of the PCIe slots to stop it dangling into the fan. In think I'll just slice it off though.

Water cooler fans switched to exhaust air - not inhale. Fan at the bottom and front are inhaling. Fan on top exhaling also. A nice 'push pull' system I think.

Main point is though; temperatures are maxing at 72 deg after 4 hours testing! Wuhu!

I might have to try nudging that 4.2ghz some :)

Soldato
Switched the fans / cabling about and I am very happy.

The hard drive is switched around, to help with the cabling and it looks a bit tidier and helped A LOT with the rest of the cabling.

There's still a bit at the bottom, to the right of the PS, which could just use some tieing together.

The 'Ac 97' cable above the PS is actually hooked onto one of the PCIe slots to stop it dangling into the fan. In think I'll just slice it off though.

Water cooler fans switched to exhaust air - not inhale. Fan at the bottom and front are inhaling. Fan on top exhaling also. A nice 'push pull' system I think.

Main point is though; temperatures are maxing at 72 deg after 4 hours testing! Wuhu!

I might have to try nudging that 4.2ghz some :)

Nice one redek, looking good, what multi are you on and at what voltage?

Back
Top Bottom