OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round W -

Caporegime
W - Wheat Beer

Results...

• DirtyJester - Fordham Wisteria Wheat - Gets 4 points
  • Ahleckz - Royal Weisse Ale - Gets 4 points
  • Mike306 - Batch 16 Wheat Beer- Gets 4 points
  • Sonea_Fifer - Meantime Wheat - Gets 2 points
  • Mrs_Seabiscuit - Bacchus Kriekenbier - Gets 4 points (Contains wheat)
  • Seabiscuit - Erdinger Weibbier - Gets 4 points
  • PapaLazaru - Lovibonds Henley Gold Wheat Beer - Gets 4 points
  • Marvt74 - Hitachino Nest Beer Weizen - Gets 4 points
  • pingwing - Camden Wheat - Gets 4 points
  • silent - Meantime Wheat - Gets 2 points
  • Raptor - Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier - Gets 2 points
  • Jokester - Mikkeller Weizenbock - Gets 4 points
  • bsoltan - Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier - Gets 2 points
  • Repta - Clouded Yellow - Gets 4 points
  • Squid - Hoegaarden Speciale - Gets 4 points
  • Rojin - Franziskaner Weissbier - Gets 4 points
  • K.C. Leblanc - Cotswold Wheat Beer - Gets 4 points
  • King_Damager - Hoegaarden - Gets 4 points

Bar Stool Fallers (Zero Points)
  • ~Divine~Wind~
  • Kanifee
  • Voltar
  • lordfilbuster
  • Moobert
  • J-FRO
  • cheechm
  • Windle
  • robfosters

DirtyJester - Fordham Wisteria Wheat
grcq.jpg

Ahleckz - Royal Weisse Ale
fp61.jpg

Mike306 - Batch 16 Wheat Beer
lb40.png

Sonea_Fifer - Meantime Wheat
hgxi.jpg

Mrs_Seabiscuit - Bacchus Kriekenbier
mi8y.jpg

e90v.jpg

Seabiscuit - Erdinger Weibbier
5scg.jpg

PapaLazaru - Lovibonds Henley Gold Wheat Beer
rr5k.jpg

Marvt74 - Hitachino Nest Beer Weizen
w81t.jpg

ktm5.jpg

pingwing - Camden Wheat
xg3l.png

sdqt.png

silent - Meantime Wheat
iofb.jpg

Raptor - Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier
c3yt.jpg

Jokester - Mikkeller Weizenbock
gxs0.jpg

bsoltan - Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier
mwp8.jpg

Repta - Clouded Yellow
7hv8.jpg

Squid - Hoegaarden Speciale
7m6m.jpg

Rojin - Franziskaner Weissbier
zbtq.jpg

K.C.Leblanc - Cotswold Wheat Beer
lvs6.jpg

King_Damager - Hoegaarden
88i0.jpg

Next Week 'X' - Numbers

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
@Mrs_Seabiscuit

I'm sorry but I've deemed your entry to be invalid as I wouldn't class this as a wheat beer.

If am wrong on this, please feel free to point out why. Oh and this also applies to anyone, cheers.

EDIT: Not as much wheat as Weetabix, but it's in there :)

Last edited:
Soldato
@Mrs_Seabiscuit

I'm sorry but I've deemed your entry to be invalid as I wouldn't class this as a wheat beer.

If am wrong on this, please feel free to point out why. Oh and this also applies to anyone, cheers.

Mmm, Lambics are brewed with a fair bit of wheat in the mash so I could see how it could be argued as a wheat beer. However it's first and foremost it's a kriek lambic so I vote le point zéro.

Associate
Soldato
I'm amazed I got 4 points, and Hoegaarden did as well! The round was wheat beer so that's what I'd expect to see... Twice now we've had a Lambic entered, perhaps we should have that for L next time round!

Caporegime
OP
Well the round is W wheat so to me thats wheat unless of course you meant wit beer but the round was wheat. The amount of problems with clarification in this comp im seriously considering not jointing next one I am fuming

While I wouldn't call it a wheat beer no, it wasn't very specific what was wanted for this round, so I would say yes to Carling if it includes it. While I am biased here, I think the round only asked for wheat, not that it was a weiss or wit. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22411796&postcount=2 W- Wheat, which is MrsS's beer.

One of the biggest turn outs in a long while, and sadly only one entry wasn't really in keeping with every other entry.

Even your own entry seabiscuit was clearly a 'wheat beer'. Yes I can also fully understand, admire and yes respect you defending Mrs_Seabiscuit but hand on your heart I don't honestly think you would have accepted Carling.

Now once again, back to the rules, guidelines and what is meant. If in doubt then ask, plenty of people do this all the time in the main thread, I mean what's to say it was supposed to have 'wheat' on the label even?

Now if everything is seriously going to require this much clarification, we're going to be doing some serious amount of talking before the next competition. For something that remember, is firstly about fun and trying new beers.... hearing the same old complaint isn't much fun and leaves everyone a bit hungover.

I'm still leaving this open, if others feel I've missed something please feel free to shout out. Everyone here is first and foremost friends and that's how this competition is run and will continue to run while I have anything to do with it.

Oh and excuse my ramblings and any mistakes, I'm only awake.

Caporegime
OP
You what DJ forget it your rule said wheat and it has wheat in it im fuming the rules keep changing

What rule changed?

Oh and speaking of which, only yesterday you said this:

Yes I think it might be easier to change it now. You will get an almighty headache after results have been published. :D:D:D

Once again, you were the only one that took it that 'Wheat' in the beer made it valid.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Well you said wheat and by wheat that must be in ingredients, so its in the ingrediets. YES your right DJ before next competion we need to all talk a lot.

Are you still my friend DJ?:(:(

Apart from the Fruit round where else has ingredients came into it?

A favourite phrase that has always crept in, within both competitions... 'in the spirit of the thing'.

Don't get me wrong, this is still open (hence no points have been updated) for everyone to have a say and if others think it should be allowed, I have no problem with it.

Now as for still being your friend, I don't think you really need to ask that. :)

Everyone here is first and foremost friends and that's how this competition is run and will continue to run while I have anything to do with it.

;)

Last edited:
Associate
Once again, you were the only one that took it that 'Wheat' in the beer made it valid.

Actually only two then
my email including the photo's did say

Erdinger Weissbier

Pretty nice actually.

Not controversial. While I could find loads of nice ales made using wheat, I really can’t be bothered with that this week. So am expecting it not to be unique, but we’ll see.

Anyway, have a good one.

From Wiki for wheatbeer, it talks about Belgian Lambics using a large proportion of wheat.
The Belgian lambic is also made with wheat and barley, but differs from witbier in its yeast.

edit. Drat. It's not a lambic though. I knew their Apricot one was, and thought this was too.
edit 2. And that's a different brewery, Timmermans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom