• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
some other sites are saying 30th june for all aib...

Yes this

seems there all saying it....
even chatted with a few places and some of them is like getting blood from a stone re info but its more likely they have no info too so everybody is in the dark re info as and when ect.....

I have a friend in e commence with distribution accounts VIP distribution ect
he as been told could be mid/end of July before the start of the dust settling ....

Either way its not good for all of us buyers / retailers

One things for sure its a damn great launch ....way to go Nvidia....

On a side note nvidia must know something we don't about AMD's upcoming cards and i personally think nvidia have really rushed the pascals out way before there was any good stock to do so hence what we are seeing ...

Yes could be down to chip yields or lack of ggdr5x vram but more likely chip yields as we would see good stock of the 1070's as they do not use x ram.. ....so to me its a rushed launch push em out of the door as fast as they can before AMD launch .....

Associate
...Yes could be down to chip yields or lack of ggdr5x vram but more likely chip yields as we would see good stock of the 1070's as they do not use x ram.. ....so to me its a rushed launch push em out of the door as fast as they can before AMD launch .....

It does look like there are more 1070's, the Nvidia store has had them in stock since launch.

Associate
Hmm, I'm starting to think that we won't see the FTW next week either... Newegg recently had a few FTWs in stock, and people got super mad, because those that pre ordered off evga site still havnt got their cards.

Turns out newegg getting some cards was a 'mistake' as EVGA are making sure that the evga web orders get their cards first (before resellers). Well, seems that they'll only be shipped end of this coming week to those EVGA website orders...

Associate
Hmm, I'm starting to think that we won't see the FTW next week either... Newegg recently had a few FTWs in stock, and people got super mad, because those that pre ordered off evga site still havnt got their cards.

Turns out newegg getting some cards was a 'mistake' as EVGA are making sure that the evga web orders get their cards first (before resellers). Well, seems that they'll only be shipped end of this coming week to those EVGA website orders...

Which would mean more delays then for OCuk buyers if there sorting there own web orders 1st then resellers 2nd... not good

Associate

Just read that on Jacobs twitter, the salt's starting to get strong!
It'd be nice just to get an actual set in stone "You're not/are going to see shipments to re-sellers in the UK next week!"

Associate
Just logged into the site I bought my MSI Gaming X 1080 from and noticed a "Track Package" button that wasn't there before.

According to DPD, they have my package and it's on its way, despite the fact i've had no confirmation e-mail from the vendor saying they've dispatched.

So, if DPD are right, it should be here tomorrow, but i'm still a bit sceptical seeing as I haven't had a dispatch e-mail. Fingers crossed!!

Soldato
classified PCB

CjioqeZWYAAaj5d.jpg:large

Associate
Ordered my FTW on the 27th, when the site said June 3rd release. 2 weeks later and it could still be another 2 weeks.. I had to go through this with my Vive preorder just now, too much stress! #1stworldproblems

Soldato
I feel sorry for those that need a PC to make money.

those who make money from their PC should have backups of every part required for a PC, if they haven't then they need to get the prioritizing right

if you have no backup you lose money every minute of the day. if you spend worst case £1000 on backups you will get that back in time very easily.

Associate
whats happening in the US won't affect whats going on in the EU, completely separate allocations

Hi guys

Just to make things a little clearer for you here.

1) We have not outputted yet any GTX1080 FTW cards bar a few units for review sites which arrived with reviewers last week.
2) In the US the EVGA store is a popular place for the consumer to shop, in EU and especially the UK we dont have many customers shop at the EVGA online store.
3) With this in mind in the US first stocks are allocation to the EVGA store but in EU and especially in the UK our first stocks are shipping directly to our big partners. So first stocks in Europe will come to the likes of Overclockers.
4) We should get stock at the same time as the US, although then I have 3-4 days shipping to the UK so usually a couple of days behind them.

I am in Germany this week and Taiwan resumes after Dragon Boat holiday so should get a clearer picture and then place updates here Monday/Tuesday night. Stock into the UK will be poor this week due to the holiday last week in Asia but the following week w/c 20th June this should really start to improve.

First SC cards are still due with clients on Monday (tomorrow) though so we will start to fulfill some backorders.

Hope this helps as ever.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom