• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Caporegime
Going back a couple pages... personally i don't get the down playing argument.

Pretend its only as fast as a 390 to keep expectations low, and then it turns out to be as fast as a 390X... woop.
Its beaten expenctations but its not going to get anyone excited, its still only a side grade in a price bracket where pepole who already have cards at that performance are looking to upgrade.

The card actually needs to be a performance upgrade to be relevent.

Associate
Says the guy who knows nothing :rolleyes:

How do you know I nothing? Interested in why you think this. You're right on this particular subject, but saying I know nothing is just ridiculous. None of us know for sure about the RX480, but realistically we can read between the lines and extrapolate that it isn't a 980ti beater or even a 980 beater at stock... I thought this was common knowledge?

Associate
The card actually needs to be a performance upgrade to be relevent.

No it doesn't. It's relevant to me and 1,000's more who don't buy a new GFX card every year or 2. And it'll be very relevant to many many new builds.

If it is no longer relevant to you then wait till the higher grade cards are announced and pounce straight in to that thread.

Soldato
If someone can replicate that on a comparable card and post it we can get the performance comparison for that game at least.

Whose up for it?

I would but don't have the game.

I could do a run, ill have to disable hyperthreading and restart but im eating my dinner atm so ill wait till after. I have a save in the same place as him in witcher, and i have gta aslo.

Associate
How do you know I nothing? Interested in why you think this. You're right on this particular subject, but saying I know nothing is just ridiculous. None of us know for sure about the RX480, but realistically we can read between the lines and extrapolate that it isn't a 980ti beater or even a 980 beater at stock... I thought this was common knowledge?

again you're stating something as fact when - facts tend not to be on your side - specs very much add up to 480 beating 980 at stock - what it does after is the real question.......

Back
Top Bottom