• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Think thats the best route?

absolutely 110%. Only reason Ive stuck with AMD and crossfire is because I have a £500 freesync screen and spent a lot on a watercooling setup (can click the link in my sig for pic) Like I said, when it works its amazing, performance is around about the same as a massively overclocked 980ti...but when a game doesnt support crossfire, or you get flickering, poor scaling ie 50 or 60% usage on both cards, it really stinks.

Honestly, crossfire is poor right now, I'm not seeing any signs of it getting any better, and rumours of it actually getting worse with DX12.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to it. Not sure what testing methodology I will be using as of yet but will see how it does at 1440P and 1080P and go from there. I might have to use 1080P for recording, as I had a PITA time with Raptr and trying to record the Afterburner overlay with my Fury X but my Avermedia capture card had no problems but restricted to 1080P sadly :(

Buy Mirillis action cost me £10 it supports everything you would need for recording with both Nvidia and AMD. Supports both GPU acceleration, Streaming, Timeshift Record x amount of time from before.

The only downside I can give it is performance when using timeshift in CSGO kills performance not sure why this is.

absolutely 110%. Only reason Ive stuck with AMD and crossfire is because I have a £500 freesync screen and spent a lot on a watercooling setup (can click the link in my sig for pic)

Honestly, crossfire is poor right now, I'm not seeing any signs of it getting any better, and rumours of it actually getting worse with DX12.

Ah fair enough, I have the same monitor and I love it.

Ah fair enough, I have the same monitor and I love it.

Me and my bro (Smudge on OCUK) both just bought that monitor, arrives tomorrow for each of us :)

Next up is a new GPU each, both running 290's, may be tempted by Polaris if the price and perf is right on the AIB aftermarkets, otherwise its sit tight til Vega...

29th will be a good day as its an indication of if im upgrading now or waiting for Vega

That is good news. If a small IT brick and mortar store can hit £212, then it will be easy for Gibbo to hit £200 :D

Small stores tend to sell at cost to try and win market shar or just list product and break nda to try and get exposure, then they never get stock!

Our pricing will be competitive, hoping for lowest in market and free shipping. :)

Small stores tend to sell at cost to try and win market shar or just list product and break nda to try and get exposure, then they never get stock!

Our pricing will be competitive, hoping for lowest in market and free shipping. :)

Then big stores (I.e OCUK) should try and sell at cost occasionally, seeing as we all know how much profit you make off of ridiculous pricing on some cards, for example the Hydro Coppers etc being £150 dearer than the official online store of said card.

Don't try and make out you are hard done by here. We all know you want to make a profit and why not, but price gauging isn't necessary;)

A realistic price for the 8GB one might be about £230, which we have known since AMD themselves published pricing.

Quick update from you guys...( dont have time to read through all the "leaked" stuff and to be honest I wouldn't know what any of it was saying to me)

Still a card to wait for?

translated as we have the stock the others dont it will be dearer :D

Has anyone noticed that on some of the posts where they have pictured the AIB reference cards at online stores it says that they support DP, HDMI and Crossfire X.

Anyone know if AMD have actually upgraded/modded Crossfire to make it better or at least more in tune with the Explicit Multi-GPU of DX12 ?
:confused:

Last edited:
Quick update from you guys...( dont have time to read through all the "leaked" stuff and to be honest I wouldn't know what any of it was saying to me)

Still a card to wait for?

Depends on what you are looking for? If you want a card matching 1070 or even Nano at stock then look elsewhere. If you want a card that is power efficient and play at 1080p at high settings and 1440p for some games, then yes.

Back
Top Bottom