PC cases why are they all so ugly

Soldato
With new chipsets on their way I was thinking of building something for MMorpgs as that is one thing games console lack greatly. Almost every PC case I see look like a freaking spaceship or something out of a blinking Transformers movie.

The most attractive case I've seen is the IN-WIN 904 . Where are the Elegant PC cases that won't make you home look like azz?

Soldato
There are lots of cases which are discrete.
Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast, they have to be fairly sizeable to match the motherboard.
Mini-ITX cases probably look tidiest, something like the Corsair 250D is gorgeous plus the Silverstone HTPC range.

Soldato
All PC cases aren't ugly, just no. There are plenty of good looking cases. Silverstone and LianLi are just 2 manufacturers that make stylish cases.

Associate
+1 on fractal I too don't like a case that looks like bumblebee and robocop offspring. I have the arc midi r2 perfect with a windowed side panel too.

Associate
Both Fractal and Corsair do discrete cases.

If you want a small case that doesnt look like a spaceship look at the Fractal Node 304 and Corsair 250d.

If you want a bit bigger then the Fractal Arc Mini and Corsair 350d.

Soldato
Lian Li + Mini ITX = :cool:

I walked away from tower cases a long time ago (around the time the god awful Haf's were somehow flavour of the month :eek:) and while I appreciate the form factor is not for everyone, the discreet ITX look just works for me. Sometimes I miss the extra space when it comes to GFX upgrades as I have to shop around a lot more and wait for companies to make shorter versions of newer cards.

I would also argue that anything with a window on it doesn't really qualify as tasteful. I can appreciate good cable management and colour co-ordination of components, but they're not really living room material.

Soldato
Lol, I'm so glad it's not just me hates the overdone cyber-warrior-with-glowing-bits look :) Much prefer a case that is quiet, and has no lights whatsoever. Something appropriate for an adult who uses their PC for more than just games...

I'm seriously considering going mATX with my next build (devil's canyon is calling to me...), maybe something like this little Aerocool beastie: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-086-AE&groupid=2362&catid=2278

And as others have said, Lian Li do some lovely clean, simple cases too. Just a matter of finding one without a massive grille/mouth on the front.

Back
Top Bottom