PC cases why are they all so ugly

Soldato
I think the better question is why is it so hard to find decent cases with lots of HDD slots.

I just want a case with like 15 HDD slots, not hotswaps, nothing fancy and nothing that costs £9000.

Associate
That inwin case would be nice if the side was glass, not just perspex.

and if it actually had some support for cooling. the thing is basically a hotbox. I was going to pick one up recently instead of a 450d but there is no room to put anything watercooling related or even air related

shame really. I wish more manufacturers went down the smoked fully transparent side panel route

Associate
Personally I don’t like 99% of cases. They seem to be designed with a teenage boy in mind. I just bought the Inwin 904 and it’s a fabulous looking case. Looks slick and clean and its HEAVY. I think it needs a slight modification though. InWin have gone for the slick and clean look, but it still has these 4 (albeit nice) thumbscrews for taking off the glass sides which protrude so detract from the minimal look slightly. Also I think a aluminium / black glass side panel might look nicer than the all black glass.

Internals are great too and some nice neat touches like thumbscrews unscrewed but remain attached to the panel. Its not optimal for cooling though. On a side note I think there is too much scaremongering over cooling. By the time the PC packs up, it’s time to upgrade …. just my personal experience of baking PC’s over years! Anyway I think if a case is a poor design for cooling it still can be improved a lot by changing from the stock intel cooler and fan upgrade.

Actually I just sold my inwin 904 it today as I really wanted an miniITX so got the 901 instead. (Didn’t know they made a mini ITX) Lost 50 quid on the sale, shoot

Each to their own of course!

Associate
and if it actually had some support for cooling. the thing is basically a hotbox. I was going to pick one up recently instead of a 450d but there is no room to put anything watercooling related or even air related

shame really. I wish more manufacturers went down the smoked fully transparent side panel route

You can get a H100 in the inwin 904

Associate
Perfect! :p

pc-case-mods.jpg

Soldato
That inwin case would be nice if the side was glass, not just perspex.

It is glass, but would be a pain to clean with the amount of dust it would attract.

Bitfinex are ncie looking cases.

Personal preference, but they are not very nice looking at all!!

I saw Parvum Cases for the first time today. Good looking and priced reasonably too.

+1

I love the Parvum. Biased, but my S2 is the best Micro ATX cases around!

Back
Top Bottom