• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New - 1GB 2900XT Released

Tom|Nbk said:
That benchmark is 6 weeks old, using the original 512Mb HD2900XT.

kvfb97 said:
But isn't this card not ment to be up againist the GTS not GTX? For the price tag I think beating the GTS seems pretty good.
What price tag? I can't see a price anywhere.

We should wait for some benchmarks and pricing before commenting on it's performance/value.

Last edited:
Just can't see adding another 512MB RAM to the card as solving all the cards problems, but it'll be intersting to see the benchmarks of the 1GB version.

Cyber-Mav said:
now it has not only more stream processors, more power consumption, more heat output, more noise, 6 months more development time, AND now more memory than a GTX. yet still its performance is less than a GTX?
it just keeps on getting worse and worse. :(

It was only ever going to compete with the GTS anyway, I thought you understood that?

Dead Dog said:
OK lets start the bidding say £60 more than a 512 so £310~ish
I'd think around that :) ...but I'm sure AMD/ATI is aware of the upcomming price drops for 8800's so mabye it'll not be as high, and *maybe* the 512mb version will get a price drop too.

Any card with a gig of ram onboard will be pretty pricy I'd say.

Are their any applications that actually use 1GB of vid mem? I mean, if it's not needed, will it really make any difference? Bit like 2GB-4GB system memory. doesn't offer massive gains in performance.

Back
Top Bottom