• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**********NEW GRAW 1.10 With & Without physX TEST**********

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Yup you've gained about 4 frames for £220. :eek:

True but isn't the point of the physx card to show off more in game physics, and not to suddenly give you loads more fps? Atm its a lot of money for what it does but at least its showing new things off without causing a major hit to the fps like we first saw.
It seems now things are going in the right direction.......but maybe its to late after the disaster of the initial launch.

Soldato
The point of these cards will be to produce amazing effects while maintaining the framerate (if your rig can cope).

The fact that it boosts framerates is a bonus.

Soldato
That’s all lies you must work for Ageia labs. I bet those screenshots are all pre rendered. ;) :)

On a more serious note thanks for posting and running benchmarks. Have you noticed and drop in quiltry between the patch and pre patch? Now we just need one more patch to fix FSAA.

Caporegime
lowrider007 said:
PPU Enabled : 30

Very intresting, it looks like Ageia and Ubisoft have stopped sitting on thier hands and have actually fixed the performance issue's using the PPU within GRAW.

Oh yeah the effects, wtf is that supposed to be. :confused:

Gained 1x frame with it as well. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
People need to remember what this card actually is and what its used for. I think GRAW is a very poor game to judge the card on. The cards purpose is to calculate phsyics -> not to make explosions look pretty.
Want we need is a demo with 1000s of rag dolls falling down stairs etc see how it runs with the cpu calculating the phsyics and one with the ppu.

Some people seem to think that this card was some how meant to bring the next step in the graphics revolution, when really its taking the first steps in making games more realistic -> GRAW doesnt use it in this way.

Early adapters are always going to be ripped off and obviously its not worth £200+, but in 6->12->18 months time, should it still be here, I'd be shocked if the cards were not under £100 and actually bringing a fair bit to games.

Just my view :)

Back
Top Bottom