What si the best defrag utility ???

Soldato
Your thoughts on what is the best defrag utilily to use please.

I have two machiens with over 500 gig of storage and data and would like a way to keep the drives fairly tidy.

Soldato
VaderDSL said:
hmm I tried that, I absolutey detest programs that stick their own processes in and keep them active.
Yeah, I'd heard good things about Diskeeper so I downloaded the demo, thought it was pretty good. Made a mental note to buy the full version until I realised the diskeeper.exe service.

Hmm, not what I want from a defragger. Will give VoptXP a try.

Soldato
GodMac said:
I use 0&0 Defrag, it works in the background of my programs, sorts all my defrag issues in realtime (ish) but never dispays an accurate picture of my disc, not like the old PC Tools app did.

I never knew which type of defrag option was best for me when using that program - so I was always left thinking if I chose the right one.

Associate
I know what you mean. Its one of those programs that you install and leave to get on with it. Every now and then I get it to do a scan disc and what it shows me I am not to sure about, graphically that is. The old PCtools program used to show me complete blocks and I was pretty sure everything worksed faster. Now i'm not so sure. I need a new program and I've just downloaded Perfect Disc to give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom