What si the best defrag utility ???

Associate
I can't find any background process running after installing and running PerfectDisk. Saw one with Diskeeper and ditched it.

Associate
TheVoice said:
PerfectDisk installs 2 services, if I remember correctly. Was using the trial version until I saw them running in the process list.
That's odd. I've just had a careful look at my (running) processes list and can't see anything related to PerfectDisk.

Soldato
Hmm...I'm sure there were two, one was something like PDser, and another was PDsched or something like that.

Might install it again though, just to see if it's a permenant thing or not.

Associate
killer_uk said:
I never knew which type of defrag option was best for me when using that program - so I was always left thinking if I chose the right one.
I use the Access defrag in o&o on my games HD, puts all my recently accessed files (my games lol) at the end of the HD where the disk is fastest.

Permabanned
TheVoice said:
Hmm...I'm sure there were two, one was something like PDser, and another was PDsched or something like that.

Might install it again though, just to see if it's a permenant thing or not.
You're correct, PD does install two services: PDEngine and PDScheduler - both of which can be found by going to the Start menu > Run > services.msc

Back
Top Bottom