Lowest Price in the UK - BenQ 24" FP241W & FP241WZ - We won't be beaten!!

OcUK Staff
HI there

We have a seriously good deal on the two top of the range BenQ panels and our pricing completely destroys our competitors. :D

BenQ FP241W 24" Widescreen HDMI/HDCP LCD HD Monitor - Silver/Black
MO-021-BQ_400.jpg

The world's first LCD monitor with an HDMI interface and support for 1080p HD video, the BenQ FP241W provides the very best experience of video, photographs, television programs and movies. Satisfying all your AV entertainment needs. What's more, the FP241W's 24" wide-screen design lets you view two independent A4-size windows simultaneously. And with its PIP (picture-in-picture) feature, you can play back video from two different sources, giving you the productivity benefits of dual monitors in a single display. Exclusive Advanced Monitor Accelerator (AMA) and Senseye! technology, together with a high 800:1 contrast ratio, not only allow crisper display of still images, but also enable exquisity smooth video playback. In addition, you can swivel, pivot, and tilt the screen, as well as adjust its height, for the most comfortable viewing. And handy integrated USB ports make it easy to attach a webcam for videoconferencing, as well as other USB peripherals such as a digital camera. Whether working or playing, the BenQ FP241W makes things easy for you. The FP241W can not only enrich your your personal entertainment options, but it is also ideal for work environments as well, with features that can enhance your productivity, whether your job involves complex spreadsheets, intricate graphics or high powered stock trading.

- Now supports 1:1 Pixel Mapping
- Full HD Support (1080p)
- HDMI Interface
- PIP (Picture-in-Picture)
- senseye technology!
- Full pivot, swivel and height adjustment
- Built in USB Hub (3 Ports)
- 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA) Optimum Resolution
- 16.7 Million Colours
- 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 6ms Response Time
- 500 cd/m2 Brightness
- Viewing angle: 178/178
- One DVI-D Input
- One Analogue Input
- One S-Video Input
- One Composite component Input
- One HDMI Input
- VESA mounting compatible / Security slot : Yes (100mm) / Yes
- Warranty : 3 year on-site warranty supplied by Manufacturer

£369.99+VAT (£434.74 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen HDMI/HDCP LCD HD Monitor - Silver/Black
MO-022-BQ_400.jpg

The BenQ FP241W Z is the world's first LCD monitor to incorporate PerfectMotion dynamic video processing technology. PerfectMotion heralds a new era for LCD monitors by eliminating ghosting and motion blur around the screen edges—for a clearly superior viewing experience with all types of video content.
Furthermore, the FP241W Z's use of HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) means support for video resolutions up to 1080p HD. Now, without setting foot outside your front door, you can enjoy the very latest digital content—like music, movies, photos, and television—without compromises to quality.
Moreover, Senseye technology combined with high contrast ratios not only allows the FP241W Z to display static images with exquisite clarity, but also ensure video playback that will satisfy the most discriminating viewer.
The FP241W Z can serve not only as a personal digital entertainment center, but as the centerpiece in your digital lifestyle. The widescreen design lets you display two independent A4-size windows so that you can keep up with your work and delight yourself with video entertainment at the same time. By blurring the distinction between work and play, the FP241W Z gives new meaning to the phrase “enjoying work.”
And what's more, you can freely adjust the height, horizontal positioning, and orientation of the screen panel. It's also easy to connect webcams and other peripherals via the built-in USB ports so you can add even more fun to your digital life.
If you value the convenience and delights or a digital lifestyle, the FP241W Z is a valuable enhancement to that lifestyle.
BenQ's exclusive Advanced Motion Accelerator (AMA) technology accelerates the rotational speed of liquid crystals in the screen panel by increasing the voltage, making it possible to shorten the grey-to-grey response time. This is enough to effectively most ghosting effects in video displayed on LCD monitors. However, even if this response time is reduced to zero, in highly dynamic video, motion blur around screen edges will still occur.
The figure shows that the LCD monitor screen image perceived by a person is affected both by the human visual system and the way the LCD processes the input signal. Processing of input signal by the LCD is in turn affected by the rendering method and response time.
The rendering process of LCD monitor is Hold-type Display. According to VESA (video electronics standard association), they define Hold-type Display as “A hold-type LCD monitor is one in which pixels state (ideally, indefinitely) until switched a different state. Many LCD monitors employ this kind of technology”.
The purple arrow in the figure indicates a transition from on to off. Each pixel's luminance increases or decreases in intensity. First, in response to voltage, the pixel increases in luminance. Because the backlighting module is always illuminated, pixels will maintain a base level of luminance. As the screen image changes, each pixel will either increase or decrease in luminance. After it maintains this level of luminance for a particular interval of time, it will then once again weaken. As a result, the screen image displayed on an LCD panel will exhibit slight blurring compared to the original image.
We also know from studies of the human visual system that human eyes automatically adjust to the luminance changes in moving objects over time. This effect is called “smooth pursuit tracking” or “spatial-temporal integration”, with the latter term suggesting the ability to integrate the spatial and temporal changes in luminance.
During such a rendering process, when the LCD monitor transitions from screen image #1 to screen image #2, the luminance of each pixel undergoes a stepwise change. A person's vision will combine these two images during a short interval of time before fully shifting to screen image #2. During the time when the images are combined, the viewer will perceive ghosting effects in the video displayed by the monitor.
To give an example, if a pattern of alternating black and white areas is moved from left to right, our visual systems will combine the black and white appearing in a particular area of the screen, and we will perceive a grey ghosting effect.

- Now supports 1:1 Pixel Mapping
- Exclusive PerfectMotion Technology
- Full HD Support (1080p)
- HDMI Interface
- PIP (Picture-in-Picture)
- senseye technology!
- Full pivot, swivel and height adjustment
- Built in USB Hub (3 Ports)
- 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA) Optimum Resolution
- 16.7 Million Colours
- 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 6ms Response Time
- 500 cd/m2 Brightness
- Viewing angle: 178/178
- One DVI-D Input
- One Analogue Input
- One S-Video Input
- One Composite component Input
- One HDMI Input
- VESA mounting compatible / Security slot : Yes (100mm) / Yes
- Warranty : 3 year on-site warranty supplied by Manufacturer
- http://www.benq.com/products/LCD/?product=839

£469.99+VAT (£552.24 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

These are two fantastic panels and at these prices they are absolute bargains. This deal is EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK and you won't get better elsewhere. :)

Permabanned
Oh my :eek: :eek: . Wow they are amazing Gibbo. :eek:

Do these just come in the one colour so black stand and silver frame or have you got ones with silver stand and black frame?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
stickroad said:
Oh my :eek: :eek: . Wow they are amazing Gibbo. :eek:

Do these just come in the one colour so black stand and silver frame or have you got ones with silver stand and black frame?

Hi there

We have tried for months to get the all black version, but its for USA market only, so ours are as per the picture. It still a damn fine looking monitor and its on par with the DELL but has a few extra features. This price makes it an absolute steal. We are over £100 cheaper than our competitors. :D

Permabanned
Gibbo said:
Hi there

We have tried for months to get the all black version, but its for USA market only, so ours are as per the picture. It still a damn fine looking monitor and its on par with the DELL but has a few extra features. This price makes it an absolute steal. We are over £100 cheaper than our competitors. :D

Sure are amazing prices their Gibbo. :D

Also one more question if i oder now, will whatever monitor im ordering get dispatched tomorrow and get delivered on Monday?

OcUK Staff
OP
stickroad said:
Sure are amazing prices their Gibbo. :D

Also one more question if i oder now, will whatever monitor im ordering get dispatched tomorrow and get delivered on Monday?

HI there

Too late now, couriers don't collect again now until Monday, so anything you order now or over the weekend and Monday will arrive with you Tuesday.

The W version is in stock and the WZ arrives middle-end next week. :)

Permabanned
Gibbo said:
HI there

Too late now, couriers don't collect again now until Monday, so anything you order now or over the weekend and Monday will arrive with you Tuesday.

The W version is in stock and the WZ arrives middle-end next week. :)

Thanks Gibbo.

Whats the most apparent difference between the W version and the WZ version?

OcUK Staff
OP
shrek2 said:
Looks like another major etailer based in Bolton are matching Ocuk blow for blow. I will be ordering the BenQ from here though.

Hi there

I know of the etailor you speak off but they do not sell BenQ so fail to see how they are matching us. ;)

If your talking about the DELL, then we still have an extra year warranty with ours. :)

Permabanned
Gibbo said:
Hi there

I know of the etailor you speak off but they do not sell BenQ so fail to see how they are matching us. ;)

If your talking about the DELL, then we still have an extra year warranty with ours. :)

Must say Gibbo is good. ;)

One question Gibbo, will the Dell screen stay at its current price now or is their a chance it will get lowered by a bit? :p

Associate
I got a black WZ a couple of weeks ago from a different online store. I don't know how to tell if it's an American version but it came with a UK plug sealed along with the rest of the bundled cables.

Associate
I need a new monitor but they are still out of budget! :(

They are fantizimo deals though. Another nice one from OcUK! So far I have bought one of OcUK's lowest price deals and I must say I am very happy indeed.

If you ever get a lowest price in the UK for the Samsung SM-206BW 20" I will come running with my wallet.

Permabanned
do both of the benq models support hdcp encoded 1080p via both the hdmi and dvi? linking to any external hd-dvd or blue-ray player not a ps3.

im kinda confused i know it has quite a few inputs but which dont support hdcp 1080p?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom