Lowest Price in the UK - BenQ 24" FP241W & FP241WZ - We won't be beaten!!

Permabanned
just ordered the non Z version couldnt resist that price and a latter happened to come in telling me my cc limit was upped by £600 so i thought sigh but 1080p? :D

anyways i presume all ocuk stock has the 1:1 mapping firmware and it does indeed have no problems with 1080p as i said above unlike the dell?

hope i fall in love with this screen if anyone has some good calibration tips for it lemme know :)

Associate
Just ordered the BenQ FP241W 24" Widescreen HDMI/HDCP LCD HD Monitor - Silver/Black

I have put in for delivery tomorrow so fingers crossed. Looking forward to it arriving, hope its as good as the reviews sugggest.

I will be praying to the pixel gods today that its perfect ;)

Associate
Got mine yesterday...WOW! Exceeded all my expectations! Surpasses the 2405 I'm used to by far. No colour banding or motion blur in fast games, colours are rich and vibrant, blacks are as good as I've seen on an LCD and the thing I was really worried about (barring dead pixels which there are none!) I can't detect any input lag! Best purchase I've made for a long time. :D

Associate
whats the scaling like on this monitor ?
am thinking of getting one to use with ps3 and pc. No way id be able to run my games in its native rez on current pc so would hope it still looks nice at lower resolutions.

Im currently using the belinea 102035w and think its scaling is great. wouldnt know it was running loweres exept maybe from the widescreen stretch.
my previous LD90+ had absolutly awful scaling and couldnt be used in anything but its native rez.

Associate
Mine has been dispatched and will be with me today hopefully. So i should be able to answer any questions etc later.

Associate
Arcane said:
What games have you tested it with? I'm interested in Quake 4 multi in particular.

The only FPS I've tried it with so far is CS:S and I haven't noticed any lag compared to my old CRT. The only downside to this display is that my x1900xt doesn't quite cut it in its native res with the eye candy turned up so I've gone and ordered a 8800GTX to go with it...along with a few other bits, damn I really shouldn't browse overclockers when I've got money in the bank! :p

Associate
8bit or 6bit?

anyone know if these panels are 8 or 6bit?

i'm a gfx programmer, and i dont want any banding, as it will do my nut in and confuse me when coding. how are the gradients?

also, anyone know when the dell 2407wfp-hc will arrive? ( i tried dell online sales support, but they could not comment or give me a release date, didnt even want to admit it existed!)

thanks

Associate
DougalDC said:
anyone know if these panels are 8 or 6bit?

i'm a gfx programmer, and i dont want any banding, as it will do my nut in and confuse me when coding. how are the gradients?

also, anyone know when the dell 2407wfp-hc will arrive? ( i tried dell online sales support, but they could not comment or give me a release date, didnt even want to admit it existed!)

thanks

Panels are 8 bit from what I have read

Back
Top Bottom