Lowest Price in the UK - BenQ 24" FP241W & FP241WZ - We won't be beaten!!

Associate
kablooey said:
The only downside to this display is that my x1900xt doesn't quite cut it in its native res

Apologies for my dimness but I thought these monitors, what with 1:1 pixel mapping didn't really have a native resolution ?

I thought if you had say a 1280 x 1024 image the monitor just lit the relevant pixels and left you with a black border on the rest of the screen. IE it doesn't scale the image to fit the whole screen, which I think is what makes most non pixel mapping TFTs look poor at anything other than their native res. No ?

Edit to say I am speaking in the context of running a game at 1280 x 1024 or 1600 x 1200 for example.

Last edited:
Associate
The native res of this monitor is 1920x1200 which most graphics cards will struggle to achieve. This monitor has three modes for scaling, one of which is 1:1 which works as you described. You can also scale to full screen or to almost full screen but maintaining the aspect ratio of the source.

Associate
Ah I see, thanks. Sounds like a top piece of kit by most accounts.

Any idea if issues of outputting from a 1080 source are resolved ? I'd like to use it for GT5 on the PS3 when its available :)

Caporegime
Sylver123 said:
How does this LCD Monitor look on a desktop screen resolution of 1152 by 864? witch is what I use for my windows desktop display on CRT.

Why would you set it to that? :confused: You would have it set to 1920 x 1200.

Associate
Azza said:
Why would you set it to that? :confused: You would have it set to 1920 x 1200.

Sorry, I haven't used a LCD before and this may be my first one. so I take it the screen resolutions of a LCD is very different than a CRT?

Last edited:
Associate
Was also wondering, will i still be able to connect up/use this LCD on my AGP 8X XFX GEFORCE 6800 Ultra 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI for desktop use only, just until I buy my new modern computer next year when Intel's new socket cpus come out or will i have problems trying to connect up one of these on this Videocard?

Also, if i`ll still be able to use it, then, what would be the best way to connect it up to this Videocard? HDMI Input or DVI-D Input?

Last edited:
Caporegime
A couple of Q's -

1) Does this monitor accept 1080p over component? The Dell 2405FPW can't, not sure if the 2407FPW does.

2) What is this 2407FPW-HC spoken of above?

Associate
Sylver123 said:
Sorry, I haven't used a LCD before and this may be my first one. so I take it the screen resolutions of a LCD is very different than a CRT?

Yes, LCD's have a native resolution ( A resolution that they look best at and were designed for). For this monitor it is 1920x1200.

Sylver123 said:
Was also wondering, will i still be able to connect up/use this LCD on my AGP 8X XFX GEFORCE 6800 Ultra 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI for desktop use only, just until I buy my new modern computer next year when Intel's new socket cpus come out or will i have problems trying to connect up one of these on this Videocard?

Also, if i`ll still be able to use it, then, what would be the best way to connect it up to this Videocard? HDMI Input or DVI-D Input?
14th Jul 2007 19:51

Yes, this monitor has both HDMI and DVI-D inputs as well as, composite, component, and also VGA. As your agp card has DVI-D then that would be the best connection for you to use.

Just for the record. I got mine and it is awesome. Absolutely stunning image. Been playing Fear Extraction point at 1920x1200 on a 8800GTX and it plays beautiful. As near to a CRT display as i have seen so far for games.

Associate
djay said:
Yes, this monitor has both HDMI and DVI-D inputs as well as, composite, component, and also VGA. As your agp card has DVI-D then that would be the best connection for you to use.

Thank you for the response :D

I`ll be buying one this friday from OcUK and i hope iv`e not missed this week's special offer.

Kind regards
Sylver123

Associate
Sylver123 said:
Thank you for the response :D

I`ll be buying one this friday from OcUK and i hope iv`e not missed this week's special offer.

Kind regards
Sylver123

You won't be disappointed, it is a superb monitor.

Associate
ic1male said:
A couple of Q's -

1) Does this monitor accept 1080p over component? The Dell 2405FPW can't, not sure if the 2407FPW does.

2) What is this 2407FPW-HC spoken of above?

1) yes this monitor accepts 1080p over component as i have my 360 connected and working flawlessly at 1080p

2) i believe its the new version of the standard 2407wfp with some added features, not sure.

Associate
Hi everyone!

Just noticed that the price has gone down even further to £411.24. Wow!

I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy one, but if any of you who have accquired one of these babys recently could clear up one query that have, I would really appriciate it!

I know that after a few revisions of the the firmware, most of the niggling issues have now been resolved. However, I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether the latest stock of the FP241W from OCUK is shipping with the latest (May) firmware version. This new firmware version, apparently, addresses the overscan issue, via the hdmi port. Afaik, an indication of the latest firmware would be an 'overscan on/off' option in the 'picture advanced' menu within the osd. If anyone could confirm/clarify this, I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Associate
Is there a reason why the prices of the 24” monitors keep going up and down like a yoyo lately?

irc the benq FP241W was around £430(inc vat) then it dropped to £422, then it dropped to £411 and then for a weekend special it dropped to £399 and now it’s gone up to £446, and all of this took place in the last 4 weeks

Whats going on? :confused:

Likewise the dell 2407 was also around £430(inc vat), then it dropped to £420, then backup to £435 and now it’s down to £411

Are there earthquakes happening in Stoke-on-Trent? ;)

Associate
Yes yo-yo like is very true - perhaps the prices are determined by the MET Office, being directly linked to their weather forecasts :D

By the time I've decided, the price changes. I'm waiting on the Dell 2407wfp-hc, but no doubt this will do the same price dance.

Back
Top Bottom