Megahalem has got competition...

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
testing out the Alpenföhn Nordwand CPU Cooler at the moment. at first i was sceptical, mainly due to the LED fan [which i dislike out of personal taste], however it seems to be holding its own

running at the same temperatures as a megahalem with a far superior fan [that you would have to buy seperatly and is much noisier] this cooler is holding its own on my test system

i7 920 D0 @4GHz
Asus Rampage2Extreme
6GB Corsair XMS3

i am mightily impressed at this cooler so far, identical temps to a megahalem and comes with a fan
its not too much hassle to fit either!

here is 15 hours of prime...

alphensluth.jpg

only drawback in my opinion is the lack of 1156 socket support

will keep you all posted :D

Soldato
interesting, though has everyone forgotten about the noctuas?
also, how does it compare to the H50

it looks pretty cool as well imo, minus the led fan

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Bah humbug
thumbsdown.gif

Any plans on an adapter plate, that you know of?

not sure - i just know they cool well [and i am using the in box thermal paste] this is up against a megahalem with mx3 and a 1900rpm 110+ CFM fan!!!

i will ask Ace Modder if he knows any more info

Soldato
apart from the shape of the fins, it looks similar in design to THOR'S HAMMER...

the top fin could do with a bit of fancy design on it...to sex it up a bit..

the fan looks a bit cheesy........very dated.

it's still a great cooler though.......... take care of Megahalems though, because it isn't necessarily top dog..... i've seen it in 4th place on at least 6 websites

Last edited:
Soldato
not sure - i just know they cool well [and i am using the in box thermal paste] this is up against a megahalem with mx3 and a 1900rpm 110+ CFM fan!!!

i will ask Ace Modder if he knows any more info

I got a phonecall from them saying that they will come with 1156 support but for now anyone buying these can contact them for a free 1156 kit. It would be good if they confirmed that with you guys I suppose.

I have done my own testing and it performs better than a Noctua! And in a push/pull config, it flies although the Thermolab Baram is still slightly better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi rich, thanks for posted of the new cpu cooler. I just got back from cyprus. I had a fab time, brill time, doesn't want to come home thought.

Any interesting news lately ?

What you all think of this new i7 turbo and cpu tweaking below:
k06900.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Wish they'd have had the 1156 bracket ready for release, please update us when you know anything more about it. I honestly can't decide which cooler to go for but the price of this is tempting as it comes with a fan, although tbh i hate led fans and would probably switch it out anyway.

Back
Top Bottom