** The Official WWDC 2010 Thread **

Soldato
167tj40.jpg

Gizmodo said:
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference Kicks Off June 7 in San Francisco

CUPERTINO, Calif., April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Apple® today announced that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 7 through June 11 at San Francisco's Moscone West. The five-day conference includes the first ever iPad™ development sessions and hands-on working labs for iPhone® OS 4, as well as Mac OS® X core technology labs.

"This year's WWDC offers developers in-depth sessions and hands-on working labs to learn more about iPhone OS 4, the world's most advanced mobile operating system," said Scott Forstall, Apple's senior vice president of iPhone Software. "WWDC provides a unique opportunity for developers to work side-by-side with Apple engineers and interface designers to make their iPhone and iPad apps even better."

WWDC 2010 is focused on providing advanced content for skilled developers across five key technology tracks: Application Frameworks; Internet & Web; Graphics & Media; Developer Tools; and Core OS. Apple engineers will deliver over 100 solutions-oriented technical sessions and labs. WWDC 2010 gives an incredibly diverse community the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iPhone, iPad and Mac® developers from around the world.

What is WWDC 2010?
The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) is the most important annual event for anyone innovating with Apple technologies. Thousands of developers from around the world come to California each year to receive in-depth information and instruction from Apple’s technical architects and engineers.

The five-day event running from June 7 to June 11, is focused on providing advanced content for skilled developers across five key technology tracks: Application Frameworks; Internet & Web; Graphics & Media; Developer Tools; and Core OS. Apple engineers will deliver over 100 solutions-oriented technical sessions and labs. WWDC 2010 gives an incredibly diverse community the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iPhone, iPad and Mac developers from around the world.

When is WWDC 2010?
WWDC 2010 takes place June 7-11, 2010

Where is WWDC 2010?
WWDC will be held at Moscone Center West in San Francisco, California. For more information about the convention center, please visit the Moscone Center website.

What are the topics for WWDC 2010?
Information about sessions, labs, and special events are provided at the WWDC website at Apple.com.

What is rumoured for WWDC 2010?
  • Next Generation iPhone Hardware
  • Release of next iPhone OS update 4.0
  • Mac OS X 10.6.4 & Safari 5 Announced
  • Cloud-Based iTunes & Mobile Me Announcements

Rumour Watch
  • Next Generation iPhone Hardware

• New Design - See Here
  • 5 MP Main Camera + Possible HD Video Recording
  • Front Facing Camera
  • Possible 64GB Capacity Option
  • WiFi 802.11n Built-In (Ability to use iPhone as FM Transmitter)
  • Dramatically Improved Battery Life
  • LED Camera Flash
  • 960x460 Resolution & OLED Screen
  • Apple Chipset
  • Micro-Sim instead of Standard-Sim
  • Secondary Mic for Improved Noise Cancellation
  • Possibly available in Black/White

• Release of next iPhone OS update 4.0

• 100+ New User Features Confirmed
  • 1500 Major New APIs Confirmed
  • 7 "Tentpole" Features to include; Multitasking, Home Screen Folders, Updated Mail App, iBooks App, Increased Enterprise Support, New Game Social Network and iAd Advertising Platform
  • Home Screen Wallpaper
  • Orientation Lock
  • iChat App (Video Calling)
  • Radio App
  • Updated Spellcheck & "Replace" Feature
  • Bluetooth Keyboard Support
  • New GPS Icon (To show when an app is using location-based services
  • SMS Spotlight Search & Character Counter
  • Updated iPhoto/Photos Organisation + Landscape View
  • Tap-To-Focus in Video Recording + 5x Digital Zoom in Photo Mode
  • Alphanumeric Passcode Phone Locks
  • Safari Updated with Google/Yahoo Search Suggestions + In-Line HTML5 Video Support
  • iPod App Updated with New Design + Custom Playlists
  • Voice Control Updated for better understanding of accents other than "American"

• Mac OS X 10.6.4 & Safari 5 Announced

• Safari Reader: view articles on the web on a single, clutter-free page
  • Improved performance. 25% faster Javascript, Better caching and DNS pre-fetching
  • Bing Search Option
  • Improved HTML 5 support
  • Safari Developer Tools
  • Smart Address field
  • Tab settings
  • Hardware acceleration for Windows

• Cloud-Based iTunes & Mobile Me Announcements

• Announcement of possible cloud-based syncing in the works
  • Offering Mobile Me to customers for free (Possibility of still being able to pay for extra features)

Where can I watch WWDC 2010?

Unless you have a ticket (available here for a tasty $1,599), sadly it's still out of bounds. Apple doesn't cover the keynote live, and others are prohibited to do so!

HOWEVER - not all is lost, mac-related websites/blogs around the world are here to give you the latest breaking news via RSS-News Feeds and other "Live Update" blogs.

I will keep an up-to-date list of the sites which will give you "Live Updates" of the event below...

MacRumorsLive.com
Gizmodo.com
Engadget.com

As always, Apple are kind enough to upload the keynote shortly after it's finished. You are often able to stream it from Apple Events or alternative, you can wait 24 hours after the keynote to download it in high quality straight from your iTunes!

The keynote starts at 10:00 AM (PT), also known to us brits as 18:00 PM (GMT), on the 7th June 2010! Be there!

Other times are:
07:00AM - Hawaii
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern
06:00PM - London
07:00PM - Paris
02:00AM - Tokyo (June 9th)

Thread Last Updated:
  • 8th June 2010 - Added WWDC 2010 Day One Re-Cap
  • 7th June 2010 - Added Live Links
  • 6th June 2010 - Added "Mac OS X 10.6.4 & Safari 5 Announced" & "Cloud-Based iTunes & Mobile Me Announcements" to "What is rumoured for WWDC 2010?" Section
  • 27th May 2010 - Updated "What is WWDC 2010" details, Added Rumour Watch
  • 28th April 2010 - Thread Creation

Last edited:
ooooh not long to go.

my 3g is just about dead now. think its time for me to get a new one. so will wait for (i hope) the 4g

My 3G is battered but still soldiering on. The screen has been kept pristine thanks to bodyguardz skins. Sadly there is dust under the screen on the right side, and the battery life is getting worse by the day.

Giv new phone plz.

My 3G is battered but still soldiering on. The screen has been kept pristine thanks to bodyguardz skins. Sadly there is dust under the screen on the right side, and the battery life is getting worse by the day.

Giv new phone plz.

Having to charge it up twice a day now too. :p

Giv new phone plz.

Isn't dust under the screen one of the things that apple will replace the phone for even outside of warranty?

i7 Mac Mini with HDMI = WIN.

Heck, I'd even overlook the fact that I'd have to open it up to put in a Blu-Ray drive!

Mac Mini 2.66GHz + DisplayPort=>HDMI + XBMC = 1080i playback @ 75% CPU.

Now that Apple have exposed the H.264 HW acceleration, XBMC already have it added in the nightly builds.. so that's 2.66GHz Mac Mini + HW accel = 12% CPU :D

I've actually attached a blu-ray drive to my MBP using an eSATA card but powered by the PC. It works :D

Currently the Mini is ripping through ClimatePrediction.net work..

Back
Top Bottom