** The Official WWDC 2010 Thread **

Just jumped onto the iPhone Simplicity tariff as my contract ran out a few days ago. Hopefully the new rumoured phone will be released very soon and I can get my mits on it :)

Mac Mini 2.66GHz + DisplayPort=>HDMI + XBMC = 1080i playback @ 75% CPU.

Now that Apple have exposed the H.264 HW acceleration, XBMC already have it added in the nightly builds.. so that's 2.66GHz Mac Mini + HW accel = 12% CPU :D

I've actually attached a blu-ray drive to my MBP using an eSATA card but powered by the PC. It works :D

Currently the Mini is ripping through ClimatePrediction.net work..

XBMC? Have you read about Plex 0.9? :p

I've got a Blu-Ray drive hooked up to my Mini so it can rip my movie collection.

Hoping for new iPhone but i pray it's not going to be called "4G". Makes no sense unless 4G coverage is fully available. Hope for a better resolution etc.

How about; iPhone HD.

iPhone HD it is then. Bring it on to replace my really slow 3g. :D

Me too. Had it since release day and now, god love it, it just drags. I don't ever remember myself getting fraustrated with a peice of technology, but my iPhone manages to **** me off on a daily basis now. I'l still be keeping it as a backup phone though. If my future 4G ever broke there's no way I could go back to using a normal phone, it would have to be another iphone. It's just too intergrated into my life (I know, it's sad) :(

I've had a horrible thought that if the dimensions of iPhone 4 differ from the last generation then it wont fit in the TomTom cradle. Considering how long it took them to release TomTom for iPhone, I won't be holding my breath for a new cradle straight after release.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my 3G for a while yet.

I've had a horrible thought that if the dimensions of iPhone 4 differ from the last generation then it wont fit in the TomTom cradle. Considering how long it took them to release TomTom for iPhone, I won't be holding my breath for a new cradle straight after release.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my 3G for a while yet.
That is quite true. Depending on it's footprint/dimensions, it will mean a new dock amongst many other things. I'm buggered if I'm buying another dock after the utterly poor Apple 3G dock vs the Universal one.

All my existing iPhone stuff (inc 3GS while I could still get the best price) is now sold, ready for the upgrade Sah!! :D

Downside? Have to use a ****ty phone for some weeks :(

any news on new op system yet ?

http://gizmodo.com/5512635/iphone-os-40-the-best-new-features

Looks like you can lock the orientation and gain some iPod controls in the multitasking doc too.

As for the iPhone itself, my current one (3G) will be going to my gf and i'll be getting a new one. She really didn't see the point of an iPhone when i first got mine and just called me a big geek for getting one. A few months down the line and after playing many a game on it she wants one of her own :D

Last edited:
My 3G works fine, battery lasts a good day and the only time it feels sluggish is when playing a game (and then it's only for 20 seconds while it loads).

I skipped the 3GS, so I'll gladly take an update :cool:

http://gizmodo.com/5512635/iphone-os-40-the-best-new-features

Looks like you can lock the orientation and gain some iPod controls in the multitasking doc too.

As for the iPhone itself, my current one (3G) will be going to my gf and i'll be getting a new one. She really didn't see the point of an iPhone when i first got mine and just called me a big geek for getting one. A few months down the line and after playing many a game on it she wants one of her own :D

Same, though she didn't wait months. She went and bought one that week!

I played with a HTC Desire yesterday.. I feel a bit dirty, but it was a very very good phone :(

Back
Top Bottom