Championship Play-Off Thread

Soldato
Who do we think / do we want to win?

Swansea
Cardiff
Reading
Nottingham Forest

I think we, Reading, have a good chance, but fear we will lose in the final to Swansea. Brendan Rodgers. So going to happen. :(

Forest have been poor of late and so have Cardiff. Reading went on a stonking run towards the end of the season but have stuttered of late, mainly due to resting key players.

Who do we think / do we want to win?

Swansea
Cardiff
Reading
Nottingham Forest

I think we, Reading, have a good chance, but fear we will lose in the final to Swansea. Brendan Rodgers. So going to happen. :(

Forest have been poor of late and so have Cardiff. Reading went on a stonking run towards the end of the season but have stuttered of late, mainly due to resting key players.

Woah, Forest most definitely haven't been poor of late.

Form:

W L W W W W

15 goals scored. (Clean sheets harder to come by...)

Away form hasn't been great particularly, though we beat Bristol and Palace away scoring 6 goals there.

I don't know if we'll get past Swansea. It's going to be very difficult against a good side, with two pretty free scoring games. Swansea were quality at home though.

We've players returning from injury, players rested, goals coming in at last. We are total Play-off bottlers though.

/edit: I don't mind who goes up after us. Apart from Cardiff. Keep Dave Jones off the TV please.

Last edited:
Keep Dave Jones off the TV please.

I can agree to that. Ah fair enough, your form is a lot better than I imagined it was.

Form -

Swansea -

Home D W W D W W
Away L L L L D W
Collated D L D W W W

Cardiff -

Home L D W W D L
Away L D W W W D
Collated W W D W L D

Reading -

Home W W W W L W
Away W W W W D D
Collated W W D L D W

Forest -

Home L D L W W W
Away L L L L W W
Collated W L W W W W

Pretty solid all round tbh.

Might see you at Wembley. :)

I would like a Forest v Reading final for obvious reasons. Our form is the shakiest of all there, but to me it feels like we came out of an awful patch to the start of a very good one.

I'm hoping we're under less pressure being in 6th place, having had some dodgy form and play-off disasters in past that allows to just go for it.

Either Reading or Forest, I like Reading (Got links to people at the club) but Forest are a big club.

Couldn't stand it if one of the Welsh sides got in. Cardiff = ulitimate bottlers.

Either Reading or Forest, I like Reading (Got links to people at the club) but Forest are a big club.

Couldn't stand it if one of the Welsh sides got in. Cardiff = ulitimate bottlers.

I don't mind Swansea - I think it's that we got promoted together, they play good football and we seem to have some good banter with the fans. If they beat us fair and square then all power to them.

I also like Reading. It really is just Cardiff I wouldn't want near the Prem lol.

I don't know if I'd class us as a big club any more, but at least we'd fill a stadium with character and take some good away support with us in the Prem. I'd hope Doughty would dip his hand in his pockets if we did get promoted because I'd hate for us to go back down and 'do a Derby'! :p

/Edit:
...and Notts Forest. :p

Who? :p

The 2011 Football League Championship play-off final will be a football match played on 30 May 2011 at Wembley Stadium to decide the third team to be promoted from the Championship to the Premier League for the 2011–12 season.

First leg:

Thursday 12 May 2011
19:45 BST
Nottingham Forest – Swansea City
City Ground, Nottingham

Friday 13 May 2011
Reading – Cardiff City
Madejski Stadium, Reading

Second leg

Monday 16 May 2011
Swansea City – Nottingham Forest
Liberty Stadium, Swansea

Tuesday 17 May 2011
Cardiff City – Reading
Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff

Hope Forrest get through. My friend at work is a Forrest fan and they are the big local club to me so I like to follow them as my championship team. They had a excellent start to the season but due to the size of their squad they lost a lot of points due to injuries but now they are getting back on form. Would love to see them back in the premier league.

Swansea, just because I said 8 games ago that "Swansea and Cardiff will be in the Playoffs" and I got laughed at in work (by the Cardiff zealots).

I think Reading have had the best surge over the past few months - similar to Blackpool and Palace from a few years ago (Dowie-inspired).

I also believe Reading have the most experienced players in this position to get them through, but you never know with Forest and Swansea - if their players turn up on the day, I reckon they stand a good chance as well. Don't like Cardiff, would rather they didn't go up.

I'd want Reading to come back up, or Forest. Although I would love Shane Long at West Ham next season, not really going to happen if they come up.

Hoping Reading go up and Rovers stay up so I can go to another game next season!

I think Blackburn will be safe mate, theres worse teams down there, even though its still impossible to predict, I say the following in this order to go down:

18) Wolves
19) Blackpool or Wigan
20) West Ham

dam its tight at the bottom, at least we are safe this time round :D :o

nevermind the premiership , boro made cardiff look like they belonged in league 1 the other week

hope forest go up myself , have always liked them a bit for some unknown reason

Back
Top Bottom