Championship Play-Off Thread

I am bricking it! So nervous, if the players are like this we have no chance!
We are so good at throwing it away in the playoffs.

See you at the City Ground.

I would like Reading to win if we don't, although the prospect of being a neutral watching an all welsh play off final is tasty! Although I would not like what came of it - a welsh team in the premier league. ESPECIALLY Cardiff, I despise Dave Jones and that club.

Last edited:
I am bricking it! So nervous, if the players are like this we have no chance!
We are so good at throwing it away in the playoffs.

See you at the City Ground.

I would like Reading to win if we don't, although the prospect of being a neutral watching an all welsh play off final is tasty! Although I would not like what came of it - a welsh team in the premier league. ESPECIALLY Cardiff, I despise Dave Jones and that club.

I don't get nervous any more. It's not worth it! :o

Looking forward to tonight though; we always have a good match to watch vs. Swansea!

Swansea are down to 10 within a few minutes, not looking good for them.

They've been the better team first half, Nottm Forest just had a decent shot shot saved but it's been all Swansea.

The ref took a while to blow his whistle considering he dished out a red card, he saw the incident as it happened but seemed to play on.

Last edited:
Forest will be disappointed with that, Had an extra man for almost the entire game and at home, they needed to get a good lead really, as Swansea are a good team at home (As my team, Norwich found out)

Nervous before hand, but a great performance going down to 10 so early. Couple of days to relax then the nerves start again for Monday. Already got my ticket, can't wait (although feel slightly sick at the same time!).

Really hoping Swansea go up, mainly so I can watch other premiership teams close to home :D

They held up well against Forest this evening with just 10 men after the first minute :/

Dyer had a great game, he was all over the pitch

Would love to see swansea and cardiff in the playoff final. but have a feeling it will be forrest and cardiff. can believe that swansea held forest earlier on though. would love to see them in the prem. and have a feeling that they might just do it before cardiff

Disappointed that we couldn't take advantage of the numerical advantage, despite dominating the second half, though it doesn't always happen that way (see QPR v Forest earlier in the season).

Swansea were fantastic in the first though, and Dyer had an exceptional game. We have a lot to thank Camp for.

Looking forward to Monday night. Should be a more open game as both sides have to score. I expect us to come out nervously and just hold for a break, unless Billy is feeling pretty adventurous. To be fair, our last 6 games of the season he was, and we had some really good games. Swansea definite favourites now though obviously.

Really hoping Swansea go up, mainly so I can watch other premiership teams close to home :D

Are you for real? If we do go up, please don't turn up in your man u, Liverpool, etc clobber cos you'll get laughed out of the stadium and be denying a proper jack a seat in the process! Plastics belong in the armchair.:)

My musings written in a badly structured way:

Well we should have really put a chance or two away in that second half, we had something like 80% possession in it! We didn't have any clear cut chances really, half down to Swanseas very good defending and half down to bottling it in front of goal and being afraid to pull the trigger. We should have had a penalty for handball but I can't complain much, it's not a game changing decision because we should have done enough to get the ball in the net at other times but didn't.

The sending off in some ways made it harder for us to win but you should be taking advantage when you play against 10 men for 88 minutes. That said the way Swansea played in the first half, if they had their playmaker Dobbie still on we probably would have been 2-0 down at half time, they were great in the first half.
Dyer and Borini were sort of on their own without a playmaker with Sinclair having to sit back a bit more and they still caused us problems. Dyer is immense.

If they don't have Borini on monday that will be a big loss for them but they should have enough firepower.

Swansea fans celebrated a biiiit too much if you ask me, if anyone knows about this it is Forest fans and we've seen what can happen in the playoffs when you think you are already though.

My glass is half full, we know what can happen and the pressure is on Swansea now, yes they are favourites and deservedly so in some ways but Forest don't ever do things the easy way.

If they don't have Borini on monday that will be a big loss for them but they should have enough firepower but will they have the mental strength? We will see I guess, it is theirs to lose in some ways.

We could have took a 2-0 lead to the Liberty and still bottled it handsomely, this alleviates the pressure in some ways and could help us.

22519410150188659840742.jpg

I say no more! :rolleyes:

Sneaky :p

I can't say whether it was or wasn't a sending off I was still queueing to get in, most people I have spoken to (neutrals) say it was but I don't like to see things like the above peering out to see if anything is given and quite clearly wasn't particularly hurt.

Last edited:
Are you for real? If we do go up, please don't turn up in your man u, Liverpool, etc clobber cos you'll get laughed out of the stadium and be denying a proper jack a seat in the process! Plastics belong in the armchair.:)

:rolleyes: "i go regularly to watch my team play therefore i am better than you and you're nothing but an armchair supporter" Hate people like you.

The whole "armchair supporter" insult is ridiculous, swanseas support isn't brilliant anyway, you have spare seats, jsut enjoy the fact someones giving your club a bit more money and shut up.

Tension is building up here now. Loads of people in work with their Reading tops on (we have dress down Fridays). Everybody feeling pretty confident. Just want to know if Jimmy Kebe is going to play as he has been injured but I believe we have been keeping off the pitch for longer than needed for these games. If he is, whoever is left back for Cardiff needs to be on top form tonight. :D

Back
Top Bottom