OcUK Jonathon Palmer Day - Drive an M3 GTP, Clio CUP, 911, Caterham 7 and more...

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I said I'd look into this and I have done so and I've booked it:-
image001ucp.jpg

Event: PalmerSport Full Day
Website link: http://www.palmersport.com/
Venue: Bedford Autodrome
Date: November 12th 2011
Time: 07:30 - 17:30
Payment: £603 +VAT (£723.60 Inc. VAT) - Payable in full by September 30th
Breakfast & Lunch: Provided inclusive of price!
Discount: £64.80 Inc. VAT

Confirmed Runners

1. Gibbo - PAID
2. Telescopi - PAID
3. -Ad- PAID
4. Mattx2 - PAID
5. Bear - PAID
6. CrinkleShoes - PAID
7. Darryn - PAID
8. Dup - PAID
9. Kaiwos - PAID
10. Vix - PAID
11. mjt - PAID
12. Dram
13. Tomo - PAID
14. Eriedor - PAID
15. Megakid - PAID

Possible runners

Spectators - NOT ALLOWED!

Details of the day:-

07.45 Hospitality suite opens
08.00 Registration and breakfast
A full-on day starts with a full-on English or Continental breakfast. Catch up with friends or guests before the driving starts
08.30 Event briefing
A formal introduction with a video briefing on what you're going to be driving and how best to do it
09.00 The day begins
Join your Team Leader and then board your PalmerSport bus that will transport you around the venue
09.15 Pedal to the metal
Meet your instructor in the first of the day's cars, get to grips with the controls and then put your foot down
12.30 Lunch
A first class lunch, waitress served, in the hospitality suite with time to share those unforgettable moments
13.30 Restart!
An adrenaline-drenched afternoon lies ahead as your confidence builds and you continue to improve your lap times
16.40 Prizegiving
Tea with sandwiches and cakes. Refuel over talks of spins and lap times, plus prizegiving for the day's best drivers
17.30 Guests depart
With video footage on a memory stick, you'll drive home having enjoyed one of the most exhilarating days of your life

In short you get to drive the following:-

BMW's latest M3 track prepared
Clio CUP's with paddle shift track prepared
Porsche 911's track prepared
Caterham 7 Superlights
Land Rover Defenders
Go-Karts
Palmer Jaguar JP-LM
Formula Jaguar

You will be pushed on this day and you will find both your own limits and the cars limits. It is a timed competitive event and you win awards for fastest laps etc.

If we can get circa 8-12 people to come along we will get our own OcUK team, own bus etc, if we don't get this amount of people we shall be with none OcUK members as well, not that it makes any difference.

Yes this is a lot of money, but you will get to drive some truly epic track focused cars, you will get professional tuition and learn a lot, it really is the best possible track event you can do, nothing will make you grin more.

Due to the nature of this, if your putting your name down its because you are going to turn up and would have paid in full by 30th September.

Anyone who definetely wants to go needs to email myself:-
[email protected]

I shall email you documents to fill in and give you contact details of the person you need to book with and pay at PalmerSport to get the discounted rate. :)

Soldato
I imagine Ben Short may be instructing at this - having heard his..."technique" if anyone pushes a bit too hard, it may be interesting ;) :D

Can't afford it myself, but have a great day all who can :)

Caporegime
booo at the short notice.

I've just bought 12 months insurance + 6 months tax + 2 rear tyres which has somewhat cleared me out :(

No chance of affording that by end of next month.

OcUK Staff
OP
Shame it is such short notice.

were they not taking bookings for next year?

Still if you have the money you won't find a better track day.

I think the next viable date for such an event would be Mayish time, as Palmersport is closed Jan-March so November is best really otherwise its too close to Christmas and starting to get colder.

We could always organise another for next year but sometimes too much notice is a bad thing as you simply forget about things plus more chance or something happening preventing you making the day.

Soldato
You do have a point.

Don't forget to post your times. You will have a good chance of being fastest of the day on your 2nd time.

I managed to be fastest in the Caterham 7's was well chuffed :D

OcUK Staff
OP
You do have a point.

Don't forget to post your times. You will have a good chance of being fastest of the day on your 2nd time.

I managed to be fastest in the Caterham 7's was well chuffed :D

I was fastest on the day on my first time with approx 50 of us on the Clio CUPS. :D

Soldato
Just looking through the .pdf and this rate includes the complete damage waiver :D

Will wait until the end of this month to get my payment in but I'm a definite!

Soldato
It's class standing up the front with your little plastic plaque and the team leader :D

Surely you have a good chance in the 911's? lol Can only get the win in one car remember. Got to try and make it the single seater... ggrr I want to go back now lol

Soldato
Bah notice schmotish, there's another pay day in between and there's always credit cards.

Get some use of that plastic and enjoy yourselves, you'll only end up spending it on rbbish at christmas otherwise.

Soldato
It's class standing up the front with your little plastic plaque and the team leader :D

Surely you have a good chance in the 911's? lol Can only get the win in one car remember. Got to try and make it the single seater... ggrr I want to go back now lol

I'll take him in the Clio, but RWD might not be my strongest area.

Time to crack out GT5 and the wheel!

Soldato
My first time there, The first thing we drove was the single seater (Was the audi then)

Then we went out in the JP1's and were told to bloody nail it and nail it hard! "could I of done that in the single seater?"
"easily"
"Bugger"

You also get to have a little chill session on the go karts remember guys :D (it's the one that matters lol)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'll let you know in a week once this cheque has cleared. I think this is one thing in my life I must experience, why not now? It's a 3.5 hour drive for me. 3.30am set off haha. Almost as bad as my trip to Goodwood (there and back in a day + was there from 7-5!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom