The Thread that I can't decide a name for.

Associate
Okay, some people have asked me to start a dedicated thread to all the unique cars that I come across in my line of work - I've never done any reviews of cars or infact anything before and usually only have my iPhone to hand so the quality of the pictures isn't the best.

I'll update the thread periodically with some of the more interesting cars that I deal with.

First of all is a 1920's Silver Ghost, It's considered to be one of the best Rolls Royces ever.

photoyrv.jpg

Sorry for the angle of the photo but the space was tight either side so I couldn't get a better shot, As you can see the paintwork on this example is fairly shoddy - I'll explain why later on.
There is a possibility that we may have the car repainted as to be quite honest white really doesn't suit it.

The car came over from Italy last week where it had been previously owned buy an elderly gentleman who died and his children left it in a barn and didn't run it for 10 years! It's yet to be run but I'm told that it shouldn't need very much doing to it if anything as it's such a robust engine.

The car isn't bad overall but just needs lots of little things doing before sale.

photo1duk.jpg

The reservoir in the picture above was in awful condition (Unfortunately I lost the 'before' picture) I spent the best part of 2 hours polishing this piece up and I think it came out fairly well although when I took the picture I hadn't finished hence the smears.

Anyway I'll continue this thread at somepoint with another car that may or may not interest you, I hope its of some interest to someone.

Wow, just wow...

I have massive respect for the people that keep cars like this alive /salute

I watch Downton Abbey, the first period drama I have ever liked, and the car in that is so beautiful, I think it is a Lanchester or a 1906 Renault, not sure tho

Last edited:
That one isn't in great condition, there is quite a lot of rust on the wheels and around various bits of the body and chassis due to the neglect it received after 10 years in a barn, I'll try and record a video of the engine run this week and also We're picking up a Ferrari California tomorrow! I think it's a hard top although I'm not 100% sure, expect pictures soon !

What is it you work as?

Saves me trawling through old threads trying to find the answer.

My uncle runs a Vintage car business specializing but not limited to pre war Rolls Royces and Bentleys and I work for him doing whatever (Picking up cars, Viewing cars, Buying & Selling and all other associated things)

When I was growing up my Grandad had a model of a Silver Ghost in a cabinet that I used to carefully play with when I went over. I've loved the car ever since and I think it's what sparked my fondness for Rolls-Royces. I'd like to have a Silver Ghost one day. I'd use it regularly for mooching around in.

Great looking car. I wonder how many more gems like this are sitting around in the back of a barn. Is this the most interesting car you’ve come across?

Great looking car. I wonder how many more gems like this are sitting around in the back of a barn. Is this the most interesting car you’ve come across?

At the moment it probably is the most interesting yes, but I'm sure something else will pop up one day! And in reply to the above post around £200k

Just a Small update - The new showroom in Oxfordshire has now been painted (I still haven't got all of the paint off of me!) Expect to see some photos when all the cars have been moved over and when I get my new iPhone 4s.

Also we picked up a Bentley continental GT today (53 plate but early 2004) with 22k miles and 1 lady owner!!!

Also here is a pic of a car that I took to wedding fair in St Albans yesterday.

It's a 1961 Phantom V touring limousine with bodywork by James Young, the Car has quite a history of owners.
It was commissioned by a Russian Princess Nina (I can't recall the second name) who Died two years later, then it passed hands to the George Raft who used it as his car for when he Visited London.
The car really has to be seen to be appreciated, it's HUGE!
Also when I first started it I didn't think the engine had started, the starter is quite loud then the engine is inaudible afterwards, quite amazing..

photoxr.jpg

Last edited:
Another Slight update, Moved half the cars into the showroom today, iPhone is playing games at the moment so no pics I'm afraid but i'm pretty sure the pictures will make a few :eek: faces

Also the one (albeit very bad) picture but this is my steed for tomorrow setting off at 5am :(

319246_10150867469340607_557590606_21327772_166352913_n.jpg

It's a Flying spur 09 plate with just 6k miles!

Had a big day today, set out at 5am for breakfast at Lews, followed by a viewing of a very very interesting car, up to Sible headingham to photograph a Bentley which went wonderfully well with out new camera (D7000) then up to Leicester to view a Continental GTC (07 plate 11k miles 1 lady owner, it's being sold as she's getting a brand new one!) we're not listing the car. Then off to oxford for a Wraith veiwing, I'm 99% sure the car was sold there and then but the buyer's ringing back in the morning to say yay or nay.

The very interesting car in question is this

301102_10150870038335607_557590606_21342471_1430045977_n.jpg

A De Deon bouton, it's being readied for the London to Brighton run early next month, I'm going to be driving an X5 with trailer incase things go badly.

I can't remember the exact year but it's pretty early as it qualifies for the run.

The car has only 6hp so it's pretty slow with 4 people inboard, interestingly the car doesn't have an accelerator, it has a decelerator! also it only has 2 gears.

The Continental flying spur was an amazingly fast car to drive, when I got onto an open road I put my foot about half down and I was pushing a ton within seconds, it felt like I was doing around 50!, putting the car into semi automatic and using the paddles to change gear gave stunning performance, it flew along!

Back
Top Bottom