The Thread that I can't decide a name for.

Thanks for the replies, Another update today, I had great fun!

The Bentley 3 Litre was moved from storage over the weekend into the showroom to take pride of place, we had a prospective buyer over today who said he'd be turning up in an 'old ferrari' which turned out to be nothing less than a 250 GT SWB, no pics sorry but it was a B e autiful car!!

anyway on with the pics (I also have a short video of us out driving in this if anybodys interested?

The Bentley was built in 1922 and was originally a racing car, today we got it north of 70mph! I'm not sure how accurate the speedo is but it certainly was going well and it was freezing, the brakes are somewhat terrible though.
img0025eo.jpg

img0024ht.jpg

img0023rf.jpg

img0013yf.jpg

img0014rt.jpg

This is a Phantom I that we have at the moment
img0015tj.jpg

And a Phantom II
img0016jp.jpg

img0017fp.jpg

The nearest car is a Phantom V that I posted about earlier, the next one Is a Phantom III that will be appearing in the Movie 'Hyde Park and Hudson' Next year and the one after that is a Ghost.

img0019bs.jpg

Finally My Ride for today, A silver Shadow II with only 34k Miles!!

All the photos were taken with my New iPhone 4s, I think the quality isn't that bad for a camera phone..

Wow loving that Range Rover - is it for sale? :)

The cream one? Afraid not, It's not one of our cars, all I know about it is that its being stored for someone by the owner of the barn, The green one is one owner from new with around 130k on the clock, its a bit dirty inside and the outside could do with some TLC but its a great car.

The cream one? Afraid not, It's not one of our cars, all I know about it is that its being stored for someone by the owner of the barn, The green one is one owner from new with around 130k on the clock, its a bit dirty inside and the outside could do with some TLC but its a great car.

Yeah the cream one - Dad's after a 2 door one, it's Sahara Yellow or something like that. He's got 2 already, wants one in THAT colour though.

Serious note, speak to the guy and ask if he'd be interested, everyone has a price :)

Yeah the cream one - Dad's after a 2 door one, it's Sahara Yellow or something like that. He's got 2 already, wants one in THAT colour though.

Serious note, speak to the guy and ask if he'd be interested, everyone has a price :)

I will do next time I pop down, Don't hold your breath though, The guy's had it for a long time and hasn't shown any sign of wanting rid of it unfortunately.

you have an intresting job, whats the pay roll like?

Basic pay isn't really anything to write home about, but I get all expenses paid, fuel being the thing I spent most of my money on when I had my previous job.

The real money is to be had selling the cars, the markup on some of the vintage cars is crazy!

Sorry! I didn't recognise it in that picture! It looks a lot lighter in that picture than it does in real life.

Here is the description from our site:

1923,1950 Bentley Special. William Arnold Body.
Registration number FFK382

A magnificent car with real presence on the road. This special combines the best of vintage Bentley wind in the hair motoring combined with a brand new straight eight B80 engine & more modern mechanics for ease of driving. It is fast, powerful, easy to drive & a pleasure to spend time in. Steering is light by WO standards. The Mark VI gear box easy to use with synchromesh on 2nd, 3rd & 4th. The rear axle is geared for very long legged running with the engine ticking over at cruising speeds.

Restoration that took place over the past 3 years involving the best in the field, orchestrated by David Styles (member of BDC).

* The original body from William Arnold of Manchester, was found intact and was utilized because of its graceful lines and practicality of been a 4-seater open tourer. It was originally fitted to a 3.0 litre Bentley chassis.

* The Mark VI chassis was stripped to bare metal, powder coated and extended to accommodate a brand new B-80 Straight 8 engine with 4 SU carburettors, in a similar manner to the Le Mans replica by Racing Green that they are so famous for. The end result here is a symphony of performance and comfort.

* A comprehensive refurbishment of all moving parts, suspension, springs, braking system, tank and petrol lines, gear and clutch and the new motor were all done to the highest quality by Racing Green. New hubs, wire wheels and tyres were also fitted.

* Refurbishment of front seats, Auster windscreen, tonneau covers, electrical and driving lights, were all done to the highest quality by the famous James Pearce Restorations - Billingshurst.

All the documentation regarding the history and restoration work of the Bentley is available.

The Bentley has just finished rallying at the Isle of Wight & southern England without a hitch. The engine starts on the button. The car drives, brakes and shifts with extreme ease. The new engine has just finished being ‘run in’ and the car is ready for extended trouble free use.

Some more photo's here that I took last week, It's our storage unit near Marlow.

I know the pictures aren't great but it's not exactly spacious inside.

If anyone wants more info about any of the cars please say...there are quite a few
interesting ones in here such as the Daimler (The big green one) and the Jag

img0026q.jpg

img0034okx.jpg

img0032ro.jpg

img0036qn.jpg

img0039ou.jpg

img0040as.jpg

img0027cu.jpg

img0028kg.jpg

img0029bo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom