I am running the Virgin London Marathon - please sponsor me if you can :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Hi guys,

In september last year I ran in the Run to the Beat Half Marathon and completed it in 2hours 17mins - was a hot day for a September and not too bad for my first half marathon!

Here is the link to the old thread :): http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18317633

Anyway, so as I was the fittest I had ever been, I have kept my running training up and successfully managed to get a place in this year's Virgin London Marathon through a charity!

I am so glad I managed to get in - for years I have watched the Marathon and people take part and couldn't imagine the feeling of achievement you would get at the end of the 26.2miles.

I have to raise £1500 for the charity and the fundraising is already underway. :)

The charity that I am supporting this time is IT4CH which is a charity that provides IT equipment to sick kids in hospitals so that they can keep in touch with their friends and families and keep up to date with their schooling. For more information click here: http://www.it4ch.com/pages/Who.htm

After this one - no more running! I can retire from running - hooray! :p I don't enjoy running - which makes the training even harder to do!

If you are able to support me in contributing some money or if you are in London and able to come and cheer me on that would be brilliant! Just click on the logo above to get to my fundraising page.

Thanks in advance people! :)

BB x

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Done. :)

Goodluck BB. x

Thank you TC :)!

Donated, the reason why is because you dont like running and therefore it will be a great challenge and a huge acheivement, good luck.

Thank you so much!

Its at times when you hit 'the wall' and you remember all of the people who have sponsored you - that you are doing it for them as well as yourself - gives you that extra bit of motivation.

Thank you! (again!) :p

BB x

ntg

ntg

Associate
Never heard of a marathon in London for virgins.

I think I got the wrong end of the stick..

Best of luck

Man of Honour
After this one - no more running! I can retire from running - hooray! :p I don't enjoy running - which makes the training even harder to do

I said exactly the same thing in 1999 and then you have to prove that you can do it again and again and again (8 times in all).
You also have to prove you can do different marathons like Snowdon.
And then you have to prove you can do the Tough Guy (which I haven't done yet).

Associate
Good luck BB. I was lucky enough to get a general ballot spot for the 2012 so might spot you on the start/finish line. I will be running for Cancer Research UK but thankful being general ballot I do not have a minimum to raise.

Perhaps OCUK might have any iron on logo transfers to make it easier to spot each other? Donations/Sponsorship always welcome too ;) but know there are a lot of people out there asking and money is not endless!

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Donated BB :)

Thank you! :)

I said exactly the same thing in 1999 and then you have to prove that you can do it again and again and again (8 times in all).
You also have to prove you can do different marathons like Snowdon.
And then you have to prove you can do the Tough Guy (which I haven't done yet).

Ha ha... you can quote me if I do! :p Not insane enough to do Tough Guy!

Look out for the bridge and the drummers. Hairs on back of neck as you run through it :)

Awww will do thanks! :) part of my training runs have been parts of the course... don't think this was a good idea though ha ha!

Nice one. I tried to get on it this year. Rejected, will try through a charity next year I think. :)

Yes - I managed to get a place through CrunCH website :) took me three gos but got there in the end!

Good luck BB. I was lucky enough to get a general ballot spot for the 2012 so might spot you on the start/finish line. I will be running for Cancer Research UK but thankful being general ballot I do not have a minimum to raise.

Oh good luck to you too! Lucky you getting a spot - how is the training going?

What runner truly likes running? It's not the act its what you get out of it.

Good luck though.

Thanks. :) a lot of runners enjoy running - they get high on the endorphins.. I get high on the thought of a lovely shower afterwards!

BB x

Back
Top Bottom