OcUK TrackDay: Donnington 22nd August - £135!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Right guys, lets see if we can get a better turn out than last time and try to organise an OcUK trackday (evening session):-

Organiser: Bookatrack
Venue: Donnington (National Circuit)
Date: 22nd August 2012
Time: 16:30 - 20:30 (3hr track time)
Cost: £135.00
Type: Open Pit Lane
Passenger Cost: £10-£20 paid on the day! (Drivers FREE)
Link: http://bookatrack.com/-pE_Trackday-Calendar.html

Why bookatrack? You pay more for a good reason, Open Pit lane, much better track manners in general and in general far fewer cars on track, a track with too many cars just becomes a nightmare. Having done the lower cost Focused days, lets just say never again.

Drivers
1. Gibbo - 911 C2S
2. Telescopi - Fiat Coupe Turbo
3. NathWraith - Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Automatic of doom - white whale - Moby Dick edition
4. Clarkey - BMW 328i?

Spectators

An evening session is great for anyone new to track simply because the expenditure is far lower than a full day, expect cost to be as follows:-

1. Trackday - £135
2. Fuel - A full tank - £60-£100 to get to the track, participate and go home!

As this is is a short session, ideally you should only go out 20 minutes at a time, the end result should be your out on track for about 60-80 minutes in total whenever you like. This limits any wear/damage to your car. By doing this you should cause little to no wear to your brake pads, a couple of mm wear at best, so ensure they have over 5mm on them before the day (new pads typically 10-12mm) and perform an oil change if you wish before or after the day, but if your car has recently being serviced then there shall be no need to do so.

Remember its not a race or an endurance session, go out there, drive at a speed you feel happy to do and limit your time on track to a maximum of 20 minutes at a time, then you won't get tired and your car won't damage itself and you won't cause any excessive wear to your brakes etc.

Donnington is a truly amazing track and you can really learn the limits of both your car and your own skills in a safe environment and get tips from people who know what they are doing or even book some tuition at £20 a time.

Be great to see some OcUK faces there, whether running or spectating. If your want to come in as a passenger, the fee is approx £10-£20 and you will need a helmet, Bookatrack can loan you a helmet on the day too.

If I get enough interest, I can give Johnny a ring and request a discount too, but at this price with a top organiser such as bookatrack, it would be a shame to miss out on such an opportunity.

How often will these events run? I'm highly tempted to come along to this one, but need to get the car fixed up a little first (tyres and alignment). If I get this done before August I will book up too

How often will these events run? I'm highly tempted to come along to this one, but need to get the car fixed up a little first (tyres and alignment). If I get this done before August I will book up too

Normally once or twice a month, but dunno when we shall be organising our next, maybe next year or in September.

Urgh... you're going to ruin me gibbo.

Will keep checking this thread, but might be a spectator jobbie for me unless I can sell her indoors to an Egyptian businessman or something.

September may be better for me. However I will still try and make this one.

Will it always be Donnington? It's not bad I suppose being central for everyone to get to. (185 miles to get there for me)

Pretty much so, the best tracks are around here, Donnington and Outlon Park. ;)

Bedford aint bed, but its pretty boring and well flat. :p

Rockingham? I had great fun there a few months back, and its usually quite cheap too.

Rockingham looks terrible to me!

Knockhill and Croft would be my shouts, mainly for personal/sentimental reasons. I suspect the location doesn't suit most though. Donny and Oulton are fine with me. I will endeavour to make this event, but if not, I will attend the next one.

I presume helmets are mandatory?

Rockingham looks terrible to me!

Knockhill and Croft would be my shouts, mainly for personal/sentimental reasons. I suspect the location doesn't suit most though. Donny and Oulton are fine with me. I will endeavour to make this event, but if not, I will attend the next one.

I presume helmets are mandatory?

Yes lids are required for driver and passengers.

I'd love to do this if my tyres were in decent shape, and I had the cash :p My 1.6 ZS might not be fast but I'd love to wang it around the corners without fear of other road users. Maybe some time in September I'd get a chance :)

I'm tempted by this, about 3 hours away from where i am in north wales, shame its not oulton as i (by which i mean the missus) can drive that back in the evening where as i'd have to stay overnight at Donnington.

I've only got out on track once in the scoob this year so itching for some more action!

Back
Top Bottom