• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

piledriver - Official AMD FX4300,FX6300 and FX8350 review thread

Associate
A danish site acutally posted a review earlier this morning, but it was removed shortly after. I may be able to extract it from the cache. It was the biggest, 8 core model.

I do remember that they gave performance a 4/5, and from what I remember the benchmarks showed it was on pair with the 2700k.

Caporegime
The trouble is a 2700K will still destroy it in a lot of situations, when they say "on par with 2700K" that's only going to be in best case conditions such as heavily multithreaded encoding.

Soldato
OP
The trouble is a 2700K will still destroy it in a lot of situations, when they say "on par with 2700K" that's only going to be in best case conditions such as heavily multithreaded encoding.

yeh no doubt.

But a 2700K is like £230 where as a 8350 should be around £160 according to pre-order prices hopefully less when it settles in

Soldato
A danish site acutally posted a review earlier this morning, but it was removed shortly after. I may be able to extract it from the cache. It was the biggest, 8 core model.

I do remember that they gave performance a 4/5, and from what I remember the benchmarks showed it was on pair with the 2700k.

Not bad.

You surely mean $200 = £200?
It's usually the more accurate conversion...

It did not happen with Trinity or Llano though. There were some leaks for a US retailer which has been accurate in the past,and it appears the FX8350 should be under £160. A much higher price over £170 to £180 would probably a UK retailer adding a few quid more on top.

Soldato
At £160, I would trade in my 1090T for the eight core with similar or a tad more performance. I did look at trinity but it would have been a new mobo as well so I passed. This would be like an SB -> IB sidegrade with newer tech to play with.

Caporegime
At £160, I would trade in my 1090T for the eight core with similar or a tad more performance. I did look at trinity but it would have been a new mobo as well so I passed. This would be like an SB -> IB sidegrade with newer tech to play with.

Maybe I'm just not enthusiast enough, but I couldn't ever justify a switch like that, be it SB to IB, or the AMD one.

It'd be like burning money to me.

Back
Top Bottom