*****Official Crysis 3 Thread*****

Associate
Hi all.

have you seen this video yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEvCpWaGYsY&feature=g-user-u

It looks impressive!

Do you think that todays hardware can run this game fine?

Edit: here are some info about the game

Crysis-3.jpg

Crysis 3 is a first-person shooter video game under development by Crytek, published by Electronic Arts for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 set to be released in February 2013.[3] Accidentally revealed by Electronic Arts,[4] the game is the third main installment of the Crysis series, and a sequel to the 2011 video game Crysis 2, and will run on the CryEngine 3 game engine.

A bit about the new engine

CryEngine 3 allows for benchmark-setting graphical performance, near-photorealism in indoor and wide-open outdoor environments and extra-ordinary real-time special effects. The level of detail provided in Crysis 3 will have you rethink what next generation graphics really mean.

The CryENGINE® is a highly advanced development solution that surpasses all expectations for the creation of blockbuster games, movies, high-quality simulations and interactive applications.The third iteration of Crytek's proprietary CryENGINE® is the only all-in-one game development solution
for the PC, Xbox 360™ and PlayStation®3 that is truly next-gen ready

Link http://www.crytek.com/cryengine/cryengine3/overview

official link
http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3

Release date: February 2013

Last edited:
Soldato
A title like this is a better game thread than something like 'Skyrim - release date confirmed' or 'Hitman - pre order'. One thing that gripes me about PC Games forum, mods need to clean up the names big time. No wonder everyone makes threads about games like Skyrim because the 'official' thread has a retarded name, new members will never know which topics are official.

As for your question, 3 will run worse than 2, which ran like a dog. Thank it being a port for that, like most.

Caporegime
Funny how some people get away with official thread making and others slaughtered.

Although OP has sod all info to be fair

Soldato
A title like this is a better game thread than something like 'Skyrim - release date confirmed' or 'Hitman - pre order'. One thing that gripes me about PC Games forum, mods need to clean up the names big time. No wonder everyone makes threads about games like Skyrim because the 'official' thread has a retarded name, new members will never know which topics are official.

As for your question, 3 will run worse than 2, which ran like a dog. Thank it being a port for that, like most.

Disagree greatly, spend more than a week on these forums and you will see many threads with strong similarity.

The whole star in the name thing is silly. But if people want to do it, then by all means. Won't stop me from reading other threads with the same content as the discussions will probably vary much more.

2 didn't run like a dog... It runs very well actually, I hit an average of 90fps with my 670, everything cranked up to max, dx 11 patch and all that guff. Just played Planetside 2, struggled to average 50fps, thats a badly coded game.

But yes, 3 will be a port. I was playing the first one this morning and it was brilliant!

Associate
OP
Funny how some people get away with official thread making and others slaughtered.

Although OP has sod all info to be fair

i provided a new video to kick start this thread. i am not a admin of this forum or thread so i dont think its my responsibility alone to provide information.

is that the Norm in OCUK? that only the OP provides info and no one can contribute and add any ?

If that is the case then i apologize. Mods can close this thread due to lack of information and responsibility on my behalf.

Soldato
i provided a new video to kick start this thread. i am not a admin of this forum or thread so i dont think its my responsibility alone to provide information.

is that the Norm in OCUK? that only the OP provides info and no one can contribute and add any ?

If that is the case then i apologize. Mods can close this thread due to lack of information and responsibility on my behalf.

It's not that at all chap, just have a look at all the other 'official' threads, they have screens, vids, articles, release dates etc etc.

You and you alone can update your original post with information. However users may contribute to the thread along side discussions. It's then your choice, not responsibility to update your original post.

Don't be put down, most of us are simply grumpy old farts that like to kick anyone from the spotlight.

Caporegime

A brief bit of info about the game is usually appreciated, especially if you're going to make a new thread when one already exists as usually that would be the reason for doing so.

I.e. - Description
Some videos
Release date etc.

I wasn't biting your head off, was actually pointing out other people who just come with the link to search function etc.

Soldato
Someone should edit this:

ignea.gif

and instead of money it should be stars, keep the 1/10 thing, and replace the EA logo with OcUK Unofficial Thread and the IGN logo to OcUK Official Thread, and then just put on the last part a background of OcUK forums with an official thread magnified, and put official instead of the advertisements flashing about, and this is to be used on all official threads, meaning that it won't be an official thread without this picture being displayed. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone should edit this:

ignea.gif

and instead of money it should be stars, keep the 1/10 thing, and replace the EA logo with OcUK Unofficial Thread and the IGN logo to OcUK Official Thread, and then just put on the last part a background of OcUK forums with an official thread magnified, and put official instead of the advertisements flashing about, and this is to be used on all official threads, meaning that it won't be an official thread without this picture being displayed. :p

Hahaha lol

Soldato

typical moaner..... RUBBISH, the 2nd game was perfect, mine runs on Ultra easily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom