Project Inspired by iB

Associate
projectbannerk.jpg

:)

Hello and welcome to my project log!

This project is called "Inspired" not because its divinely inspired or anything like that but because the project will incorporate many ideas/mods I've seen from many truly amazing projects before so a big THANK YOU to all you fellow modders ;).

The aim of the project is to build a PC that is beautiful to look at, to have high end performance and be very quiet. How hard can it be. :p
The Colour scheme will be Black and white.

- Mod List -
Cut out window in side panel
Cut out design in case roof for 360 Radiator
Remove HDD cage for 240 Radiator
Paint case
Sleeve PSU (paracord heatshrink-less)
Paint Motherboard
Paint Radiators + Fans
Cut acrylic tubing to suitable lengths
Finalize design for PSU and optical drive bay covers
Build SSD mounts
ETC.....

- Spec List -
Core i7 3930K
ASRock X79 Extreme 9
Radeon HD7950's (x2)
Seasonic Platinum 860W
Lian Li A17FB
D5 Vario Pump
Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 240 + 360
5 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 RPM
Phoyba 250ml Res
Many, many fittings
Acrylic tubing (solid)

Undecided on SSDs, RAM and Pump Top

A few sketchup designs:
sketchupmockup01.jpg

sketchupmockup02.jpg

Update coming very soon!

Thanks for looking ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks Pgreenwo!

First update:

The typhoons and 240 Radiator need a new look so out with the spray paint and sand paper :)
Painting the fans and radiator took ages as I didn't want any "orange peel", they're not perfect but I think they look good.

gentletyphoons.jpg

Amazing fans but alittle dull in grey

prepfans.jpg

Much better :)

whiteeditiontyphoons.jpg

Radiator next! You jelly of my Haribo? :p

240radiatorwithharibo.jpg

The quality of the Monsta isn't great out the box unfortunately, wonky stickers and a bad paint job

stock240radiator.jpg

240radiatorcloseup.jpg

White Edition :)

painted240radiator01.jpg

paintedradiator.jpg

Still needs alittle buffering but its almost there.

That's it for this update, thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
looks very shiny very eager for more

subbed

Thanks mate, I'll start modding the case tomorrow and alittle on christmas day so I'll have another update soon ;)

The rad looks awesome in white :D

Thanks reiyushin, the top 120.3 will be getting the same makeover :D

It is looking good. But I personally don't like how the res is blocking the cpu cooler.

Thank you :)
The designs are just so I could get a feel for what I will need to do in terms of mods and to also get an idea of the tubing runs.
I could always change the Res or its location if it looks bad, nothing to worry about :cool:

Associate
OP
Complements on the sketchup drawing - I had to look twice to see that was a render!!

Thanks Tattysnuc but it's not all my work, infact most of the components are other peoples work, Check it out here: http://scc.jezmckean.com/home
;)

This looks great buddy.

The White Rads look amazing. Im sure the White GPU blocks will too...

Excited to see this.

Thanks Doomedspeed, the waterblocks in the renders are actually the stock black colour, the white you see is the custom GPU backplates (more on this later). I may spray the block white aswell, will have to wait and see, don't want to over-do it. :p

Associate
OP
Sorry for the low quality pics, some of them were taken after work when there's no daylight, I was just to excited to wait!

casebox01.jpg

caseunboxing01.jpg

caseunboxing02.jpg

Beautiful looking case I think :D
stocka17fb.jpg

stocka17fb02.jpg

lianlilogo.jpg

Time to disassemble :eek:
caseanddrill.jpg

Poor case! :p
poorcase.jpg

Before painting I need to fill in the un-needed holes and dremel out some cable management holes.
The motherboard will tell me exactly where to cut the cable management holes and also exactly how long the cables need to be.

Late X-mas prezzie to myself arrived :)

x79extreme9box.jpg

x79window.jpg

The Accessories
x79accessories.jpg

The "Game Blaster", it's an audio and LAN card, Looks beast I think:D Even this will be modded
gameblaster.jpg

:cool:
theoverclockking.jpg

heatsinkh.jpg

No modder should be without the Official Overclockers UK Elite Gaming Mug! ;)
overclockersmug.jpg

Some dangerous looking thermal paste :eek:
thermalpaste.jpg

Custom GPU plates, Not sure how I will mount these yet, I may just end up drilling holes in the acrylic and screwing it to the cards, but for now I'll try and think up a more elegant solution.
gpubackplates.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Soldato
Coldzero make custom backplates and the likes :) - who did your plates for you?

Looks great, I'd be all over that case like a fat kid on sugar if it supported XL-ATX.

Let us know how the ASRock X79 board fairs up, haven't heard much about them on socket 2011 :)

Associate
OP
Coldzero make custom backplates and the likes :) - who did your plates for you?

Looks great, I'd be all over that case like a fat kid on sugar if it supported XL-ATX.

Let us know how the ASRock X79 board fairs up, haven't heard much about them on socket 2011 :)

Oh right, never heard of coldzero before :p My plates where made by a chap named Tom at ChilledPC for a bargain price of £15 each.

Yeah the lack of XL-ATX support may be an issue for some, though the V2120X supports XL-ATX but costs a lot more.

I'm hoping the board will be a good overclocker as it is advertised as the overclock king and has a 16+2 CPU Power phase design :D

Associate
OP
Asrock extreme 9. Had 3 of them all had to be sent back. Project looks amazing, I love white aswell. To bad you chose that board lol.

Lol, oh dear :( Hope mine pans out ok, what was wrong with the three you had?

-The Gigabyte boards I've had have had awful Vdroop.
-The MSI Big Bang X Power has a hideous 'bullet' style south bridge heatsink, I could replace it but the board is already expensive enough
-The ASUS boards would require a lot of painting from blue to black
-Not sure why I didn't seriously consider EVGA...

So I went with the ASRock Extreme 9 as it has good reviews, a good phase design and is mostly black.

Soldato
First one half DIMM slots' wouldn't work and USB 3 headers were not working. Second one USB3 headers didn't work but i cba with another RMA then a week later it just stopped POSTING. Then 3rd one USB3 again.

So I gave up bought an ASUS RIVE and haven't looked back.

Back
Top Bottom