12. Italy            Monza               8 Sep
13. Singapore        Singapore           22 Sep
14. Korea            Korea               6 Oct
15. Japan            Suzuka              13 Oct
16. India            Buddh               27 Oct
17. Abu Dhabi        Yas Marina          3 Nov
18. USA              Americas            17 Nov
19. Brazil           Interlagos          24 Nov

Add the calendar to your Google account here - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/credits-and-contacts/f1-fanatic-calendar/

TV Coverage:

Sky: All live on Sky Sports F1 channel. The TV times for these will be in each thread created.

BBC: Nine races live - Chinese, Spanish, Canadian, British, Belgian, Italian, Japanese, Indian & Brazilian. Rest will be on 5 Live and delayed online/red button. Practice is now shown on BBC2 instead of just on Red Button. BBC TV times can be found here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17238688

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Sadly not. There are a lot of live coverage blog type sites though, so will post up links when making the thread for those over the next few weeks.

Caporegime
any idea if any of the testing will be on the TV?

Sadly not. The FIA (for reasons unknown, considering the amount of photos that get uploaded almost instantly) do not allow live broadcasting of F1 testing video footage. I think they only recently allowed video to be recorded and broadcast as a later date.

Sky Sports News did have some pieces from testing last year though, so they might do that again. Just some interviews and a bit of analysis at the end of the day.

Man of Honour
Just noticed that Sky Sports F1 HD has changed channel too. Used to be 408, it's now 406.

Looking forward to seing Ted's notebook again. They were usually really good.

Caporegime
Not quite, they are showing live footage from 2pm each day, so 2 hours a day.

Still a massive step up, and shows that FOM are allowing live testing footage to be broadcast.

smr

smr

Soldato
I'm beginning to wish I had a 3D TV now. I assume all the races this year will be in 3D too then? I haven't heard anything about this until now.

Caporegime
I expect this is primarily being used as a test to see how the 3D coverage works. I wouldn't hold up much hope of 3D races this year though, they were filming F1 in HD for 2 years before they actually started broadcasting in HD.

Soldato
Not quite, they are showing live footage from 2pm each day, so 2 hours a day.

Still a massive step up, and shows that FOM are allowing live testing footage to be broadcast.

Yeah, see my edit.

It would be good to see a whole race in 3D, but I can't see it happening yet. As Skeeter says, this is probably just so FOM can test the concept with an established 3D broadcaster.

Soldato
I know it's backwards Bernie who took forever to adopt to HD, but most major sports now have been broadcast in 3D for some time. Motor sport is really the last big sporting barrier to break, so naturally you would assume F1 would be the one to do it.

(I'm also assuming MotoGP or Nascar etc. have never been done in 3D?)

Caporegime
AFAIK no Motorsports have been broadcast in 3D in Europe/UK. I don't know about America though, they might have done NASCAR or something.

Your right, given the rise of 3D TVs, SKy having F1 rights, and F1 being the pinacle of motor sport, it would be stupid of them not to at least put some serious efforts into investigating it.

Pinkham in 3D, om nom nom.

Back
Top Bottom