Sansaire sous vide circulator

Soldato
So, the clever chap behind the DIY Sous Vide for $75 has launched a Kickstarter campaign for what seems to be an amazing little sous vide circulator - The Sansaire.

If it's even half as good as the PolyScience equivalents, it'll be steal. But the problem is he's designed the damn thing around 120V and needs a kick up the backside to make it compatible with our 240V without the need for a step-down transformer or whatever else you might need.

So, if you like the look of this thing but want it designed to work in the UK right out of the box, drop him a message and let him know there's demand - I have and he seems rather open to suggestions on that particular front, but we need numbers to make it happen.

Soldato
OP
I've dropped him a message and spammed the link a little.
Seems to have done the trick - had a message from him today about them adding specific stretch goals for multi-voltage support.

Given it has reached the funding target in one day, I can't see there being any problem with us getting version suitable for our electrical network.

Can't wait!

Man of Honour
I've backed them for the full price, so hopefully come november I'll have a nice little package!

Urge to say "that's what she said!" overwhelming...

I'm considering backing this but tbh I'm more tempted to 'roll my own' than buy a pre-made unit. Perhaps I'll do that for now and then see what you and others think of the final unit once it's out.

taB

taB

Associate
I think I need kickstarter explaining to me please. There is now the stretch goal of 250k for a 240v model but the project is fully funded. If I back it and it doesn't reach the stretch goal does my money disappear into a 120v one?

Cheers.

Associate
I think I need kickstarter explaining to me please. There is now the stretch goal of 250k for a 240v model but the project is fully funded. If I back it and it doesn't reach the stretch goal does my money disappear into a 120v one?

Cheers.

Yes but I think they will reach the stretch goal in 24-48hrs at the rate they are going so I wouldn't worry about it.

Looks like a great product for less that £150 is quite good going. I await the Jamie Oliver version with my head in my hands.

Soldato
Just backed them for $219. I've been looking at sous vide for a while now. Given this had an excellent review on Serious Eats and looks set to hit the $250k stretch goal soon I figured I'd get in there.
The fact that is doesn't take up anything like as much room as a traditional water bath is a big plus too.

Now, anyone got any recommendations for a vacuum sealer?

Soldato
It's important to get the best vac sealer you can get really. You get a crap seal and it's ruined.

I liked this one over the one from lakeland, as said, space is a massive issue on my worktops. This can just go in a cupboard.

I also need vac sealer now and all.

Man of Honour
Just came on to post about this project.
Such a cool idea, as its so much smaller than having a full machine.

Still expensive, allready backing two projects finishing next payback and one of them is the same cost as this. Might have to wait and see at retail.

Back
Top Bottom