Sansaire sous vide circulator

Associate
Paid for mine and specified all options. Looking forward to it arriving. I'll pick up a vac sealer next month and all. Let us know what the above one is like. Good tight seal?

I actually ended up getting two :o. However I've got 4 16oz ribeye arriving tomorrow from Donald Russell so going to try the oven @ 60C method for those I think :)

Associate
Well seems these are finally on the way to England! Hopefully within a month I'll have my hands on a Sansaire ready for some Sous Vide :D

Associate
Whatever you post will be worthless without pictures! I'd be interested to see how well it cooks a steak or something like that.

(I can't tell if I want one of these or not even though I am spoilt with two Sousvide Supremes at home)

Associate
What sort of containers are people planning on using, I searched for the Cambro ones Scott mentioned but they seem to be a lot more expensive here than they are in America.

Associate
What sort of containers are people planning on using, I searched for the Cambro ones Scott mentioned but they seem to be a lot more expensive here than they are in America.

I'm probably going to look for a Gastronorm (same thing as the Cambro containers Scott talks about) closer to dispatch time. Should be around £10-20 depending on size and if I get it with a lid or not.

Can pick them up from most kitchen wholesalers in a range of colours/sizes - http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Polycarbon...tainer-200mm-Clear/U231/ProductDetail.raction for example :)

Associate
I'm probably going to look for a Gastronorm (same thing as the Cambro containers Scott talks about) closer to dispatch time. Should be around £10-20 depending on size and if I get it with a lid or not.

Can pick them up from most kitchen wholesalers in a range of colours/sizes - http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Polycarbon...tainer-200mm-Clear/U231/ProductDetail.raction for example :)

Thanks, I noticed that he said that he doesn't bother with the lids and just uses ping pong balls for insulation.

Soldato
OP
Something like this and this* might be a good shout. That cut-out looks almost Sansaire-shaped...

*Yes, I know it's out of stock.

Associate
Hmmm need to start thinking about vacuum sealers again. Anyone tried any other than that Andrew James model?

Soldato
OP
Well I ordered those but the photo was a bit deceiving as the cut out on the lid is only about the size of my thumb.
Oh, that's really disappointing - apologies for suggesting something that turned out to be a bit of a lemon.

Can you enlarge the cut-out to fit the specs of the Sansaire or is the polycarbonate too thick?

Associate
Oh, that's really disappointing - apologies for suggesting something that turned out to be a bit of a lemon.

Can you enlarge the cut-out to fit the specs of the Sansaire or is the polycarbonate too thick?

I probably could or I may just end up going with the ping pong balls.

Soldato
OP
Hmmm need to start thinking about vacuum sealers again. Anyone tried any other than that Andrew James model?
I've gone for the latest revision of something Moses suggested earlier in this thread.

I had a second-hand Foodsaver V3040 for a while but it gave up the ghost and spares weren't readily available. I've also used a Takaje Family for a period of time, until getting annoyed with it and sending it back.

Hoping for better things from the Eiffel.

Soldato
OP
Just gave the Eiffel its first run and it passed with flying colours.

I usually use an egg as my test subject as I want to make sure the vacuum is strong enough to empty the bag, but not so powerful that it cracks the egg. Apparently this thing is tough enough that it can crush an empty drinks can...

But I'm pleased to say that the Eiffel removed the air with ease and did so in a very controlled manner. The real bonus is that it's whisper quiet in operation - you can barely hear the motor working and the vacuum is very steady in operation.

So far, so good - it gets thumbs up from me. Admittedly it's not quite as straightforward to operate as some of the other machines I've used, but it benefits from having a few 'common sense' touches to it which I'm impressed with.

DSCF0064.jpg

Associate
Yeah the Eiffel is really quiet isn't it.

I notice on the kickstarter page that people in the far east having started to receive their sansaires.

Back
Top Bottom