Sansaire sous vide circulator

Associate
I decided to use it anyway as everything else is working, I was using a thermometer and playing about with the dial when the display came to life. I've since left the machine off for a while then switched in on again and it's still working.

I'll see what they say when they get back to me.

Soldato
I'm being sent a replacement for my faulty unit

The faulty unit has no display but the circulator works and afaik the heating element does too

And ideas? I was thinking maybe using a decent thermometer with it and using it for veg or long cooks

Associate
So they don't want it sending back then, in that case I'd do like you say.

By the way mine was still working the few times I switched it on to check and when I did steak on Sunday.

Soldato
Nope , the logistics for them is too complex at the mo so not worth the hassle for them

I have 2 anovas on order too lol

I need to find somewhere for all thus stuff

Soldato
Just done my first long cook

Did a silverside joint at 53c for 24 hrs

Verdict: excellent

The meat was very tender and really flavoursome , at 53c I was worried it would be really pink (this would have put off my dad who was going to be eating it with me) but although it was pink it didn't look undercooked or 'bloody' and he was happy to eat it.

After cooking the joint I quickly seared it to give a nice dark crust all over and used the huge amount of stock produced to make some gravy, which was also very nice.

I will definitely be repeating this

Man of Honour
Just done my first long cook

Did a silverside joint at 53c for 24 hrs

Verdict: excellent

The meat was very tender and really flavoursome , at 53c I was worried it would be really pink (this would have put off my dad who was going to be eating it with me) but although it was pink it didn't look undercooked or 'bloody' and he was happy to eat it.

After cooking the joint I quickly seared it to give a nice dark crust all over and used the huge amount of stock produced to make some gravy, which was also very nice.

I will definitely be repeating this

Nice :) I've cooked top rump in a similar manner before and it has usually turned out great. My mistake sometimes in the past hasn't been letting it sit in the sous-vide for long enough - bit of a rookie mistake but one I don't really make any more.

Soldato
Bumping this as I'm looking at either the Sansaire or Anova - is there any preference for UK users here?

The Sainsaire is shipping from the UK at the moment and works out about £150 incl all fees and taxes.

Associate
Got a Sansaire today. So disappointed. The one I got seems to have been repackaged. There's dents and scratches all over. Really annoying given the price. Call me picky, but I've asked for a new one.

It also came with a european plug rather than UK plug?

Back
Top Bottom