New Warcraft Guild for OcUK

Soldato
UPDATE: 11th Feb 2014

A big update on the guild website http://ocukraiding.enjin.com/home with threads on SoO, Please sign up to the site if you have not already done so.

UPDATE: 21st Jan 2014

New guild site made and ready for your input. Please signup/log in whatever, with your MAIN raiding character.

http://ocukraiding.enjin.com/home

UPDATE: 16th Jan 2014

Battle.net ID tags. Please visit this thread and add your current B.net ID
Many thanks

I have just managed to get us a Mumble server for the guild, If anyone wants to join your more than welcome and hopefully could put the server details on the OP.

Name: OCUK Mumble Server
Address: ocuk.mumble.com
Port: 5627
Number of slots: 25

Should be all the information you need to join.

If you need the client you can get it here: http://www.mumble.com/get-mumble.php?OKEY=google_stop_mumble

UPDATE: 15th Jan 2014.

Now the guild has been around for a few months its now time to clear out the dead wood. I see there is a few who still log and a fair few at 90. To get an idea to who wants to keep playing I have added some basic instructions on the Guild info tab in game. Basically if everyone logs in with their Main toon and puts in their Public notes - MAIN and spec and off spec and also logs in with the ALTS of their main and puts in this to the public notes - (mains name) ALT spec/off spec

Eg:

Thramill - MAIN des/dem
Blahblah - Thramill ALT pro/arms

That way it keeps the guild list tidy and easier to see whos one etc. Any queries please ask.

Also for the Working better as a team achievement we need Alchemy Engineering and Archaeology. lets get this done asap so we can unlock the looms for those of us who have not got them yet :)

EDIT: I propose a deadline of Sunday evening this week for people to log in and alter the notes. After that if there are still other who have not logged maybe we can remove them. Unless they post here with the toons names and a reason why they may be awol for a time.

UPDATE: December sometime

Guild has got off to a flying start. 21 members as of 11:30 pm 13/11/13. Not bad for a few hours work on here. There will be a TS server soon and also a Website for the guild. Elbulus said he could sort that out for us. I hope he still can. Rainagul could help.

There is not really any structure to the leadership of the guild as its only a new one there is no real need yet. Just a GM and members that's it. Anything guildies want to do we can just do it if people want to. just go with the flow for now. Once we have a solid base of players then things may change but now, just have fun.

Name: OCUK
Server: Chamber of Aspects
Faction: Horde

RULES:
Start a new character at level 1. Or you can use a Higher level one if you so wish. Starting at level one is a grind but now with pretty much all guild perks you will soon blast through the zones. Having a higher character means you wont be able to play with lowbies and there are not that many members at 70+ yet. Chat is still good though
/g chat has to be camp.
No grammmer nazi's please.
Have fun.
Alts are allowed as long as you enter your Main toons name in the notes of your Alt.

IRC channel:
Recruitment:

Just an update on how well we are progressing. Below is a list of race and class combinations we still need for the guild achievements. Stay classy.

If anyone is wanting to try the game for the first time or is thinking about coming back into it, then please let us know. We welcome any experience from novice to veterans alike. If you want to join the best guild ever then join OcUK..

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh definitely maybe. The one thing putting me off dipping my toe in again (aside from my gf thinking its gay) is having nobody to play with.
Personally I always prefer PVE servers, PVP whilst sometimes fun often is the opposite. Personally I would want to do all the Cata content I missed (all of it) and do al ot of classic dungeons etc.

Soldato
OP
Well we would spamming dungeons anyway from the second they become available that's one thing set in stone.. :)..

I am up for Cata stuff as my guild died just before we was set to start on them. Never done those myself .. EVER.

Soldato
Same, not one. I really wanted to do heroic deadmines but never got round to it. I have a level 85 lock sat on another server since that time. Plus I've forgotten how to play in all honesty, everything changed.

Soldato
Make it horde and I might be intersted 9uber casual though), these things always turn into an Alliance fest through OcUK though :p

Serverwise just make it a thriving one, one of the top 3 or 4 would be my recomendation. recently checked out one of the 'full' listed servers (Twisting Nether, horde side) and the difference between AH's compared to a normal listed server is astonishing.

Soldato
OP
Make it horde and I might be intersted 9uber casual though), these things always turn into an Alliance fest through OcUK though :p

Serverwise just make it a thriving one, one of the top 3 or 4 would be my recomendation. recently checked out one of the 'full' listed servers (Twisting Nether, horde side) and the difference between AH's compared to a normal listed server is astonishing.

true.. I vote horde too.:D

Associate
My nominations are:

For a normal server - Chamber of Aspects (Alliance) [Good leveling community with plenty of new players to fill up zones]

For a PvP server - Ragnaros (Horde)

Have got a friend who isn't on OCUK but would be up for joining too.

Soldato
I don't have MOP and tbh I wouldn't buy it if we are starting from level 1, just in case I don't feel up to it after all. The problem with WOW is the main thing drawing me in is the nostalgia as I played from launch and it was utterly amazing and unmatched by anything else I've played.

Soldato
OP
I don't have MOP and tbh I wouldn't buy it if we are starting from level 1, just in case I don't feel up to it after all. The problem with WOW is the main thing drawing me in is the nostalgia as I played from launch and it was utterly amazing and unmatched by anything else I've played.

You wont need MoP until later on if you're still playing then great if not. You made right choice.

Soldato
Ok, just need to tell my gf. the problem is I told her how addicted I got back then and the money I spent on stuff (like spectral tiger, cringe) I've grown up since then though and wouldn't even contemplate buying anything other than the subscription and expansions lol.

Associate
I was thinking Chamber of Aspects too. I have heard good things about that server.

47% H and 53% A. not a bad split.

I've been messing around on it for the last week and been quite impressed. Seems quite busy at most times which is nice to see.
Haven't had a character to experience end game on the server but I've seen some heroic geared people walking around so I presume there is something going on.

You can still experience a lot of content without MoP, try it out and buy later if you reach that point. No doubt it will have a price drop on the xmas sale too which could work out nicely.

Soldato

You don't want to be on Twisted Nether, I transferred my characters off there last night, mainly to be with other friends on Darksorrow, however, when I tried to log on, I had to wait for 25 mins in a queue. That won't be fun for a lot of people starting from level 1 that want to get a couple of levels done in a spare hour that they have.

what's the diffrence.

see you from cradley heath nice i'm from there.:D

No difference, other than Horde is better ;) - and i'm on Darksorrow already! Started my new character last night.

Ahh cool, where abouts!? I'm up near Bunch Of Bluebells if you know it. Never been in there though, don't like the look of it :D

Ok, just need to tell my gf. the problem is I told her how addicted I got back then and the money I spent on stuff (like spectral tiger, cringe) I've grown up since then though and wouldn't even contemplate buying anything other than the subscription and expansions lol.

I was in a similar situation, I used the excuse that i'll be playing with a bunch of my friends I havn't seen for yonks (who she also knows). So if her friends boyfriends are doing it, i'm allowed ;)

Plus its more like saving money than anything!

Back
Top Bottom