Painting inside garage walls

Permabanned
Garage needs sorting. All the crap coming out, good clean out. It's semi partitioned off into 2 parts. This will all be coming out. Power is already in place with 1 dual socket and light at the front. Plan is

2x 5FT tube lights
Epoxy tile red floor paint
2x work benches
Tumble dryer properly fitted
Power sockets at the front and back
Server's, screen, speakers
Board top out for storage
Shelves

I want to paint the walls once the thing is gutted. I know I am using the epoxy stuff on the floor. Will any old white paint do on the walls? It's 5 meters long and 2.5 meters wide. Sorry didn't take the height. If so anyone know of any deals on paint?

Will brush the walls down and roller it on thick, 2 coats likely.

Tube lights i'm going with these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4ft-5ft-S...pt=UK_Light_Fittings&var=&hash=item20d2f5993d

Think of mounting them quarter the length of the garage to get even light.

Floor plaint is this stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380232856675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Last edited:
Soldato
I painted my garage walls a good few years back and if you are painting directly onto brick/breezeblock you will find it will soak it up loads. I'd suggest watering some of the paint down first to give it a white wash to seal the walls and then paint a second coat with pure paint.

Permabanned
OP
I painted my garage walls a good few years back and if you are painting directly onto brick/breezeblock you will find it will soak it up loads. I'd suggest watering some of the paint down first to give it a white wash to seal the walls and then paint a second coat with pure paint.

What sorta ratio? I was just gonna roll on a coat and then go from there. I do have a 5l of pva bond. I could mix that up with water and paint that on 1st.

Soldato
Servers? Are you intending to turn it into a computer room?

If not, and you'll still have cars in it, don't be surprised when the floor paint lifts where the tyres sit.

Permabanned
OP
Servers? Are you intending to turn it into a computer room?

If not, and you'll still have cars in it, don't be surprised when the floor paint lifts where the tyres sit.

My ST 2 & 320D don't fit, which is a good thing. The GSXR 1000 does :). There are 5 push bikes, 1 trailer and various tools to go up on walls and stuff.

I have 4 serves in there just on a camping bench. Just at some point I need to sort this out properly in some rack or something and one of them can used within the workshop as well as it all being remote access.

Permabanned
OP
Trailer is on a trolley so it's sat upright, then chained to the wall so it doesn't fall. Camping kit all pre loaded and covered over.

Caporegime
What type of finish are the walls at present, brick, bare block or cement rendered? For paint id use a waterbased smooth finish masonry paint. Thinned with water to a 60/40 ratio for the first coat, full strength for subsequent coats. 2 coats should be sufficient, though you may need 3 depending on how porous the surface is.

Permabanned
OP

The ones i linked too on ebay no good?

What type of finish are the walls at present, brick, bare block or cement rendered? For paint id use a waterbased smooth finish masonry paint. Thinned with water to a 60/40 ratio for the first coat, full strength for subsequent coats. 2 coats should be sufficient, though you may need 3 depending on how porous the surface is.

Bare block currently. I have 5L of PVA bond, could use that with water to seal them.

Permabanned
OP
Back
Top Bottom