H1Z1 - Zombie apocalypse sandbox from SOE

Man of Honour
https://www.h1z1.com

This is the game John Smedley said was dedicated to SWG veterans. Although I'm unsure as to how true that is going to be it certainly sounds as though it is following a similar path in terms of a large, player driven sandbox.

From what I've read it is planned for PC release first, followed by PS4.

So excited for this :o

Soldato
Dayz much? Im actually really interested in this, having like 15,000 SOE credits or whatever those things were when I was in my PS phase. Looks halfway decent, so yeah. Rock on.

Man of Honour
OP
The resemblance to DayZ is to be expected really, after all they are both meant to simulate the real world in the same situation. I think a lot of people will initially disregard this as "ANOTHER Zombie game?!" but the potential is there for it to be so awesome.

Man of Honour
OP
They did drop the ball massively with SWG but that was mainly sue to Lucasarts pressuring them in to changing things when they didn't need changing. I haven't really experienced any other SOE ball dropping but then again the only other SOE game I've played is Planetside years after its hay day and more recently PS2.

Soldato
I don't know really, SWG left a sour taste in my mouth even to this day.....

This game does look good though, I just hope it doesn't become another pay 2 win game..

Soldato
I don't know really, SWG left a sour taste in my mouth even to this day.....

Yep, same here and they messed up when they took over Vanguard too but I think maybe it is time we kind of let that go as it was ten years ago. Moreso, Smedley admits it is his biggest regret and despite what I think of him I do think he is a pretty genuine chap.

I am intrigued what relevance this has to SWG because if it the basebuilding that DayZ will never get done, with a more tactical (eg Arma) control mechanism than CODlike, and then a deep crafting system like we had in SWG then this will be a very interesting game.

Soldato
Why is that such a big problem?

People are worried the amount of Zombie games may break the market monopoly of the high-fantasy MMOs and pseudo-militaristic shooters that they will invariably run back to after moaning about yet another zombie game.

Caporegime
breaking point tbh is the game at the moment zombie wise.2 more maps added this month and another patch this weekend. :cool:

SA dayz dropped ball. this looks like a cash in. wont be buying or interested in it.

Soldato
Certainly could be promising, will highly depend how they go about monetising it though and if the npc's actually pose any sort of threat to a player and his fortifications.

Certainly something I will be keeping one eye on, I imagine it will have a lot of potential for emergent game play with so many players per server and base construction etc.

Back
Top Bottom