What are you currently working on?

Soldato
Yeah, I tried that. I don't have a Public folder anymore though and apparently it was deprecated back in 2012 :-/

I'm on a mac and I tried using the share link, but it keeps adding &dl=0 to the end of the .jpg which brings up the lightbox.

It wont embed to the forum with or without it.

The only way I can get it to embed is by viewing the original and it adds all this to the end of the .jpg

?_subject_uid=3566832&w=AADt-fQpp14FkDF8izudJ3RgCc6kQpcEJ--_pYFMGlwUjg

Which then works when I view it, but no one else. How odd...
Oh well, imgur works.

Soldato
i must admit, i didn't know about the public folder not being default any more. i use it pretty much daily for hosting stuff. i like the fact it works with a normal folder/file structure like a normal web host. if i know the path to image1.jpg, i can access any file in the same folder just by modifying the url.

edit: just to keep this vaguely on topic, the only thing i really make is lame scripts for foobar2000 (music player). most of them just look up info related to the currently playing artist and displays them so you can read without having to leave the player.

lastfm-wiki-bio1.png

other scripts display lists of links which you can click to read more in your browser...

musicbrainz-releases1.png

another one downloads and displays images.

thumbs1.png

i made a simple website to document installation/features. i was supremely lazy and used a pre-made CSS template although i have hacked it to bits since i started. it's just a single page of php used to display everything with a bit of .htaccess url rewriting to make it look like there are 20 odd pages.

http://marc2003.x10host.com/intro

Last edited:
Associate
I released this web development tool a few days ago: https://github.com/TomBZombie/NoF5 was more as a tool to use myself than something I intended to release but others may find it useful. It reloads javascript/css files in-browser on the fly when the source file is modified. If a server-side file that's used on the current pages is modified it reloads the whole page :)

Soldato
Well, that's me done my "Did You Mean" plugin for VoiceAttack.

Works really well. With the Elite Dangerou Voice Pack I can say something like:

"Could you lower the gear for landing" and the first suggested command back is "lower landing gear".

If it returns one results Voice Attack will even do the command for me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm at the beginnings of a new project with a Steampunk/apocalyptic theme.

This image is nothing more than a materials test for some tired old copper panels.

The texture.
xO4fklG.jpg.png

The node setup.
G6iNHws.png

The rendered material.
pcoBllI.png

Associate
Not done ANYTHING remotely coding wise for a long time but was asked to write an authenticated video system in PHP which allows a user to generate unique links to a video. These get passed out and as soon as first watched kick off a counter and timer, 3 views with as many reloads etc in a 5 minute window per "view". It alerts the user when the video has been loaded and when its been watched fully.

Used a combo of video js, popping the actual MP4 file out of the publichtml folder and using a PHP script to stream the MP4 if everything checks out fine.

jr5dUTN.png

Soldato
Not up to the scratch of a lot of you I am sure and it's still a work in progress and in the early stages but i've finally, after 6 years decided to build myself a photography page:

http://something-forever.co.uk/

Written with Bootstrap for now and wanted to keep it nice and clean, got a lot of content to add, tweaks and SEO to do but I am kind of happy with it so far :)

Any feedback welcome, good and bad :)

Soldato
I'm currently in the middle of two different projects.

http://release-calendar.com/ which currently provides you with Movie releases but development for game releases is half way through! Provides you with a calendar view and an iCal feed etc.

Second one it a bit more interesting, it's still only 20% done but most of the backend functionality is done.
http://iisanalyzer.azurewebsites.net/ This will allow you to upload a IIS log file (W3C format) and will show you what is going on in your application with pretty graphs (for management) and also the ability to easily search through and follow what is going on.
You can search for a specific IP address and see everything that IP has done.

Here is the basic example page (The log is very basic in this): http://iisanalyzer.azurewebsites.net/Analyze/Example

Soldato
Working on some gameplay coding tutorials for UE4/C++, mostly as a learning exercise, should have first one up this week, just a simple boids implementation.

Associate
Got bored last week so knocked together a web front end for my HP Microserver showing processes running with memory usage, network usage, disk space and some data from xbmc /sabnzb apis.
Got the core webApi going so far and a basic dashboard so now at the point where I either abandon the project or hunt for more features as thats my pattern.

Soldato
Got bored last week so knocked together a web front end for my HP Microserver showing processes running with memory usage, network usage, disk space and some data from xbmc /sabnzb apis.
Got the core webApi going so far and a basic dashboard so now at the point where I either abandon the project or hunt for more features as thats my pattern.

That sounds pretty cool, you hosting it on Github or anything? I'd be interested in using that with my Microserver and maybe contributing.

Soldato
Trying to work out how to take a remote CSV and display the relevant details on a map, and update every 2 minutes

Soldato
I'd use Python to read the csv, parse the info and then use pygmaps to pin the info to a google map. Not tried it myself but remember reading about it a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom