0 to 100 Miles in 100 Days

Caporegime
Did my first 100 miles (~1600m climb overall) early last year, and like most of my cycling - by myself. Glad I did it but it was horrendous at times; it was cold and windy, I sat by the side of the road on the biggest single climb rocking trying to spur myself on, think I got a puncture early on and never tried it again. Good crack overall though - just wish I had gone with a buddy.

Good luck and sounds like you have a good plan :).

Soldato
OP
Yeah sounds more sensible. Glad you made it round, and shows what often we can be a bit over cautious and people can do fairly impressive things if they put their mind to it without masses of preparation.

Maybe this is the start of more regular cycling though if you enjoyed the road bike a little more?
More impressive was the young lass who managed the whole thing on the bike I binned. In all fairness though, they were 10 years younger than me!

Possibly - I'll definitely give the road bike a go again. I mean, I own one now :D

I'm guessing not from the executive summary. However looking at the bike, I suspect having a familiar and better setup one would do wonders for the enjoyment and likelihood of wanting to stick with it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy doing so many miles on the bike shown above as it looks to be a small frame made to fit with a long stem. And then has the seat pointing upwards and far too much padding which will cause rubbing.
Possibly - it was a life saver for going downhill/ up small inclines though, compared to colleagues who were constantly pumping to go a similar pace.

When the seat sheared off I bolted it back on at a more sensible angle which cured a lot of discomfort. I did think the handle bars were far too forward though. Possibly a Frankenstein.

Back
Top Bottom