0culusness - old oculus software.

Soldato
OP
The setup exe I think can be anywhere, but the folder with zips needs to be called "OculusSetup-DownloadCache" (with any trailing letters removed) and put in the C: root folder. However, once the installer realises there is a newer version after checking online, it overwrites this folder with newer zips and ignores what was already there.

So I need to invent a time machine to go back to 2017 and install the software then, then. I can see why VR take-up is so low. tardis' not included.

Soldato
OP
At least you don't need a facebook account to use the rift (at least not yet!)
Maybe someone somewhere has an "offculus" backup from before Home 2.0 (although it looks like the app hasn't been around long enough for that).

Yes, having the old install working from 2017 without connecting to the interweb, and the old home plus the games I had installed on the machine worked perfectly.

Soldato
OP
The tardis idea is a good one, you can even print your own except no-one has invented the 4D printer yet.

Bugger!
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
OP
After a 'couple' of festive sherries and listening to some jazz, one of the pot plants jumped even though I wasn't pointing either of my touch controllers at said pot. Pulled the trigger on the controller and the pot jumped again. Then realized that the targeting is done by the invisible pointer in the headset not the touch controllers. This makes it now very easy to turn the radio on and off and change station.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
OP
Hey can i have a link to download the files?
@dinkywinks here you go chap. This is the full installer package, which no longer works..... unless you can make it work.

MyAirBridge Linky

There are the zipped 'home' and 'avatar editor' folders in the package. Unzip, plonk on your desktop and run the .exe file. You may need to do @DontFret's registry tweak, as there are two Oculus homes to chose from.

Soldato
OP
A mooch round the 'classic' Rift PCVR home. Not the mobile version. Recorded with airlink 4K on Quest 3with oculus home background music. Please don't trip on the carpet.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@DontFret it looks like you were correct. Adjusting the data value from 1 to 2 of the RUG_STATE DWORD in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Oculus\Home allows you to smooth out the rugs.

53593698315_991e60ddfb_b.jpg

53593698325_a4c9aa9013_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom