• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti died :(

Soldato
OP
Why would I take £650 when I could get a brand new 1080ti AMP! that's worth £1000+?

I could sell the replacement and get a 2080ti.

Also if the replacement is new why couldn't I just register that with Zotac and get a new warranty?

If I've misunderstood, please do correct me cause these are genuine questions...

/edit I completely agree that being fully refunded for a card I bought 2 years ago is excellent, but not when the price of that card has gone up 50% since I spent that money. IF I hadn't got such an amazing deal on the 1080ti in the first instance I'd have a lot more to play with.

/edit also it doesn't sound like they want the old one back if I go for a replacement.

Cheers,

G

Associate
Why would I take £650 when I could get a brand new 1080ti AMP! that's worth £1000+?

I could sell the replacement and get a 2080ti.

Also if the replacement is new why couldn't I just register that with Zotac and get a new warranty?

If I've misunderstood, please do correct me cause these are genuine questions...

/edit I completely agree that being fully refunded for a card I bought 2 years ago is excellent, but not when the price of that card has gone up 50% since I spent that money. IF I hadn't got such an amazing deal on the 1080ti in the first instance I'd have a lot more to play with.

/edit also it doesn't sound like they want the old one back if I go for a replacement.

Cheers,

G

Im not sure if your serious???

Even if it was new you wouldn't get near £650 for it anyone who was looking at that card should know enough that they would buy a 2080 at £600 + as its newer and faster than that 1080ti.

I would be suprised if they give you another 5 year warrenty as it won't be a retail unit like your old one.

Associate
no one in there right mind is buying a second hand replacement 1080 ti for £1000.. when Titan Xp are struggling to sell for £680

I don't like the 2080 seems like going backwards with 8gb Vram I don't care if its enough or not, I'd jump ship

Soldato
OP
Tbh I love my 1080ti, I'd happily keep it.

I don't expect to sell it for £1000 if that was the plan, I just don't think it's wise to accept £650 when I can't re-buy one for that.

2080ti seems like an upgrade so that would be my natural choice even if I had to put a fair bit towards it, but the 2080 seems more like a side grade for me at the moment.

If I can get a brand new 1080ti as a replacement (the replacement wouldn't be second hand because it's the retailer sorting it not the manufacturer) and have new Warranty I'll be really happy.

Soldato
Surely I can just register the new serial with zotac?

Doesn't work like that. Your warranty is linked to your payment for the original product, not a replacement under that same warranty.

This is why a refund is actually the best thing not a bad thing. Get new card = new warranty.

Back
Top Bottom