£12 "Majority" Freeview box and recorder!

Capodecina
Soldato
Majority are doing some sort of promotion which offers a Freeview Box and recorder for £13.98 if you tick the box for a 50% discount.

To use the recorder facility you will need a suitable USB Memory Stick.

Details here => https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oakcastle-...e+SB100+HD+Freeview+Box&qid=1593189268&sr=8-1.

Edited: Apparently I paid over the odds for mine, it now costs £11.97 - I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you :eek:

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Certainly on mine, I get (and can record) all the FreeView channels in which I am interested - I haven't bothered to count them.
For what it is worth, I typically use it with BBC2 & BBC4 and to skip adverts on commercial channels
It helps particularly where WiFi access is a problem and you are out in the evenings or otherwise occupied at night ;)

Associate
Most smart TVs will record telly if you plug in a USB and have the same channels on Freeview, no? :confused:

I imagine it'll be for those who obtained set-top boxes who didn't want to give up their older TV sets, or for those who obtained TV's before the Smart TV came about (so TV's between 2005 and 2011). Where such a functionality didn't exist without making your own which would have cost a lot more.

Caporegime
I imagine it'll be for those who obtained set-top boxes who didn't want to give up their older TV sets, or for those who obtained TV's before the Smart TV came about (so TV's between 2005 and 2011). Where such a functionality didn't exist without making your own which would have cost a lot more.

I'd have thought so, yes. Their targeted demographic is certainly made more evident by the SCART connector on the back, haven't used one of those in years!

Also the USB port on this thing make my skin crawl. One small sideways or up/down bump and that thing's knackered.

Still, it's a decent deal if you just plug in a USB and leave it there.

Caporegime
Most smart TVs will record telly if you plug in a USB and have the same channels on Freeview, no? :confused:

This is true but we have an ancient 32" Toshiba 1080P TV in the kitchen with no HD channels. Something like this would be perfect.

Infact I just bought one. Currently the TV has an old Nintendo Wii strapped to the back of it. I never watch the TV in the kitchen but at least I now have the option of HD channels :p.

Last edited:
Caporegime
@adam cool dude - would you please do a review when it comes? Or anyone in this thread who has purchased one please? I would like reviews/videos and photos where possible.

If it’s good I’ll buy one.

Yeah I already have an old WiFi dongle that I used on my Xbox 360 back in the day so will plug that in to give it internet. Need to find it first as it is stashed with all my scart leads and ide cables. ;)

Soldato
If anybody wants a SCART lead I've still got about 15 in my numerous man drawers.

I had a gold plated one in the old days - I think it was the equivalent to a Gucci belt today. Daft as it seems I wish leads today were Scart size - I struggled like hell the other day fitting a Spdif lead in my TV.

Back
Top Bottom