125 recommendations?

Soldato
Groms* are pretty cool little things. Look great with a tail tidy too... Quite cheap second hand, nifty little things for filtering etc.

Watch a few of Royaljordanian's videos on the Grom on Youtube. :)

*(MSX125)

e; Just saw that you're 6'3", might look a bit strange on a Grom. :D

Everyone looks strange on Groms. Horrible little things.

CBF will do you until you get bored of a 125 and want to upgrade to a bigger bike. Don't spend more than £1500-£2000 on a 125.

Man of Honour
Groms* are pretty cool little things. Look great with a tail tidy too... Quite cheap second hand, nifty little things for filtering etc.

Watch a few of Royaljordanian's videos on the Grom on Youtube. :)

*(MSX125)

e; Just saw that you're 6'3", might look a bit strange on a Grom. :D

Groms aren't cheap considering they're not even on the limit power wise, they also attract a scene tax because #gromlife.

Soldato
MT125

Looks like a proper bike, good performance and holds it price due to Yamaha limiting the numbers it imports. My son did a eurotrip with me on his last year and it never missed a beat.

Caporegime
Eurotrip on a 125, he has some nerve I'll give it to him. lol

I have done more miles on a 50 ped than I have done in my car. I crossed holland's "afsluitdijk" (google it, seriously) on a Piaggio NRG 50cc. Granted it was at 45deg angles and I struggled to maintain 40mph with a headwind (my ped made 23bhp at the wheel, as proven by the cops right before they confiscated it). I was a bit mental though :p

Caporegime
23HP from a 50CC? I don't buy that at all. Their method of proving it must have been miles off. :p

Well, it was 70cc really. Polini Evo top end (nikasil lining, one piston ring), kevlar reeds, MHR exhaust, full MHR transmission (variator, clutch, final gears, even the belt), 28mm Mikuni flatslide carb, modified ignition to remove unnecessary coils (lights and battery), etc. Basically it was a race ped for the road.

It was pretty much the same engine as this:

And yes, it was impossible to keep the front end down like the one above.

Granted 23bhp may have been a bit optimistic but that's the number the cops gave me right before they nabbed it so that was the number I used to brag :D

Then again, let's not forget that Holland is a country where 70cc scooter racing is an actual thing.

Back
Top Bottom