• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

12900KS

Associate
My two dont even register on their stats. My KS were 84 and 85, their lowest 88 and was only 1 percent. Talk about me having extreme bad luck looking at those stats. Geez.
he is showing P core not overall.
YOu are saying overall 84 and 85. Do you have any screens from bios showing P core SP?

Soldato
My two dont even register on their stats. My KS were 84 and 85, their lowest 88 and was only 1 percent. Talk about me having extreme bad luck looking at those stats. Geez.

he is showing P core not overall.
YOu are saying overall 84 and 85. Do you have any screens from bios showing P core SP?

and they would have most likely been on 1304 bios which reports higher that 1403

Associate
Ah of course you are right. He does mention that in the video. My mistake. I do have screen shots. The SP84 Pcore only is 91 and the SP85 Pcore is 92. The Pcore 91 is the "stronger" of the two CPU's performance wise.

Have also heard that 1304 does report higher.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers

RSR

RSR

Soldato
My KS has arrived, batch V

Apex BIOS 1403

SP 83
SP P 90
SP E 70

That's another dog to the collection

Soldato
Maybe Intel do it to make gamers cpu's like the 12700K appear great value? Same number of P cores, half the price.

The 'E' in E-Cores stands for E-Peen. If you have a 12900K or KS, your E-Peen is twice as big.

Raptor Lake CPUs will give customers an opportunity to double their E-Peen size again.

On Intel laptops, the E-Peen size is scalable.

If disabling hyperthreading is such an energy saver, why don't they do it on the P-Cores, like they do with E-Cores?

Last edited:
Soldato
So what are owners thoughts on their systems? Heat/power/cost aside I am assuming owners are very happy with their chips.

Are there things you wish would be improved?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom