1440p 27" G-Sync Monitor.

Associate
Sorry to butt into your post but on the lookout for something similar. I already have a Dell U2715H (27” 1440p IPS) that I bought maybe a year ago new for £385. That was just for some home office stuff and a PS4 at the time. I went 1440p as thought I may go back to PC gaming and also for the extra desktop real estate. Roll on 12 months and I have a new PC from OCUK (8700K @ 4.9 and 1080TI). I’ve started playing PUBG and dabble in CS:GO. I am now wondering if I should make the jump to 144hz. I like the Asus ROG Swift but similar story the reviews are mixed and for £600 that’s not good. So I’ve come across this Dell and wondering if I should try it and donate my IPS to the wife for her home office. But part of me is concerned that a) the difference 60-144hz will not be that big b) going back to TN from IPS.

I guess my question is – will I really notice that much of a difference? My FPS in PUBG is generally locked solid on 144 but the U2715H is 60Hz (I know it can be increased to 75 but doesn’t seem worth it for such a small gain). It’s just an unknown unless you have a mate with a 144hz screen or somewhere like OCUK nearby where you can pop in and try. I am thinking I just take a punt but buy from somewhere with a no quibble return policy like the rainforest. See how I get on and if not impressed/see nothing major over current monitor then just return it within 30 days. Worst case I pay to send it back - assuming I haven't missed anything about returning electrical goods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom