14900k or swap to AM5 platform and 7800X3D after return of faulty CPU

Associate
Not sure why people are getting hung up on one example - across a broad range of desktop workloads the performance is 1-3 generations behind that was just one example, if people are gaming they are often into clipping videos or streaming, etc. where that can be a factor.
prob because after your initial post, your next 4 posts recommending the intel system, you used the video encoding as your reason to go intel...even though op says he's using pc for gaming and 3 printing
anyway, we get you like intel. my view is if choosing between the two, I'd 100% go AMD, with am5 platform if starting fresh and having to choose. Everyones opinion in valid, that's why OP is asking for multiple peoples opinions and then he can decide for himself

Last edited:
Man of Honour
prob because after your initial post, your next 4 posts recommending the intel system, you used the video encoding as your reason to go intel...even though op says he's using pc for gaming and 3 printing
anyway, we get you like intel. my view is if choosing between the two, I'd 100% go AMD, with am5 platform if starting fresh and having to choose. Everyones opinion in valid, that's why OP is asking for multiple peoples opinions and then he can decide for himself

I showed it as one example of many also linking to a review and video showing a range of scenarios. I also responding more broadly than just what the OP is saying because personally I think people have got a bit carried away with the forum hype based on 1080p 7800X3D benchmarks and not looking at the broad range of performance across gaming and desktop use, especially the scenarios people are more likely to be pairing a CPU up with a GPU like the 4090.

Man of Honour
They're very much borderline trustworthy with electronics, tbh, I avoid them whenever I can :p

I'm always leery of them for high value computer stuff like 14900s and 4090s, etc. and certain brands of storage like Samsung - seen too many threads and/or know of people who've received something different in the box or empty boxes, etc. though I do use them quite a bit for other brands like Kingston, etc. where fakes or theft seems to be a lot less common.

I'm completely not seeing anywhere reputable selling a 7800X3D at £300 though, the only seller at that price or below which isn't an out and out scam is a box shipper where chances are your order will eventually be cancelled or you'll wait a long time for the product.

Back
Top Bottom