Man of Honour
OP
There is no entitlement here, if you want in then you're in. The only thing I would ask is that I have a call with anyone who wants to stay at my house to make sure they're not nut bags :p

The food here is quite diverse, more so than in the UK anyway, and I have a pizza oven in my garden anyway :p

Man of Honour
OP
Ok so I'm thinking August 28th to September 1st to make the most of that bank holiday, meaning 4 days off work. That gives people the weekend to get to me and then the weekend again to get back. Anyone arriving early or leaving late can do some bonus riding in the area.

I will plan something like the following:

Day 1:
Warm up at Gurnigel loop, followed by Les Mosses, Pillon and Jaun mountain passes. Potential to jump off a mountain with a parachute at Jaun.

Day 2:
A day going through the French and Italian passes, entering France via Forclaz pass, and returning via the via the Grand Saint Bernard pass.

Day 3: Big day of 370km!
Gruyere National park - Valais - Verbier pass - Zermatt (see the mountain on Toblerone packets) - Centovalli pass - Titcino/Italy overnight stay

Day 4: Another ~350-400km day!
Return to Gruyere via Lake Lucerne, the Susten, Furka and Grimsel passes and Interlaken (surfers in the river and great tunnels).

Day 5: Length can range from 200 to 400km depending on how everyone feels by this point.
A mild end to the week exploring the lakes and passes in the Jura (of Jurassic park fame) mountain region.

This means staying for one night in a hostel, and the rest at my house.

I will probably be importing a motorcycle here next year so I can maybe do the UK to Switzerland leg with others if they want to.

Man of Honour
OP
@Kreee - have you seen any of Accidental Broadcasts's videos? He's on Maui, makes some awesome dirt bike videos and lately, vlogs with a biking theme as his bike is away in the US being rebuilt after he hydrolocked it :D

Yes, I'm meeting him for 2 days touring volcanoes and forests on Maui.

He's the reason I started motovlogging, although all of his videos got taken offline as he recorded a lot of him riding off road in protected areas.

Man of Honour
OP
I understand holidays can't necessarily be booked, so I'm looking to get solid commitments at this point just shy of doing that :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I need to have a good think about how we communicate before the meet. I only add close friends and family on bookface but I do have my YouTube channel's bookface account I could use for that.

Man of Honour
OP
Oh this is happening 100%, I even have permission from the boss (wife) and everything!

The dates are set but the fine details of the routes aren't necessarily final, particularly the night in Ticino.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I need this long to plan as I have such a busy year this year! I'm away all of June for my honeymoon in Hawaii and have 4 bike tours planned for the rest of summer already!

The location is very close to lake Gruyere (of cheese fame) in the canton of Fribourg. I'll share the exact location privately.

Man of Honour
OP
I've put the dates in the original post. I have no problems with anyone choosing not to stay with me as it makes my life easier.

Man of Honour
OP
Because I don't really use facebook. I only used it to stalk the wife and now just use messenger to talk to some friends who don't understand how a phone call works.

We have this forum anyway for discussion about the tour, or does that not work for you?

I won't be around for the next 4 weeks, but this tour is 100% going ahead and the first 5 to confirm on here will definitely be in, and if a few of those don't want to stay at mine then I can accommodate a few extra. I'd like to avoid being responsible for too many people though as it can make group riding and meals difficult.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Ask you need to do to register is tell me on here. You're already a definite 4T5!

I'll update the op when I can get on a pc. Hello from San Francisco by the way!

Back
Top Bottom