IC3

IC3

Soldato
He went for the retarded looking transformer, well... I guess its better than if you went the KTM route. :p

BTW That's a steal... I think, I'll go to your area without a bike and just get something there once I'll be able to ride again. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
@Kreeeee Good choice . Make sure it has the latest map . And get the top rad guard . Really want the akro pipe but im not paying there silly prices

It doesn't have the latest map, and it shows. I have ridden one with the smoothed throttle map and it does make a noticeable difference.

I am pickling it up after they add the rad guard and an SW Motech top ring to it for free. Do you recommend getting the oil guard too? It has a few bent fins already as you can see in the photos.

I have ridden one with and one without the akra slip on now and they sound identical. Maybe the stock is a little more metallic on idle but once rolling there is no difference. My akra money will be going on a blipper next year if I don't crash this one.

This is so much more fun than the Tuono!

Edit: I will be getting the comfort seat too I think. We'll see how it goes in Spring.

Man of Honour
OP
Looks real nice, I love the wheels - how would you compare it to the S1000R?

Also when are you even picking it up? Surely it's pretty snowy at the moment to ride it home?

I'll post a comparison when I'm not on my phone. I'll pick it up late March or early April when the weather starts to warm up.

Edit: The S1000R is an absolute weapon, and I really can't deny that it is marginally better in every way compared to the MT-10. It weighs less, makes more power, has a blipper, has better fuel range, better suspension (once you disable the Adaptive Suspension), less depreciation etc.

The main problem I had with the S1000R is you didn't feel alive on it until you were nipping at triple digits. It does a lot of the work for you to make you go fast, so to feel closer to the edge you had to be doing silly speeds. The buzzy bars also made my hands go numb.

The MT-10 just makes you feel alive at any speed. Going from 30MPH to 60MPH lofting the front wheel in the process just makes you giggle, and it also handled and stopped superbly too. The depreciation also worked in my favour as I got a great deal while a BMW of a similar age and mileage (which would lack the blipper) would at least 25% more.

For a bike to ride to a track and do a track day the S1000R is pretty much impossible to fault, but the MT-10 is a bike you buy because you just enjoy riding. Plus BMW charge an arm and a leg for parts and labour here.

Last edited:
Soldato
I ride an XR and love it for it's looks, so I can hardly criticise a bike's appearance! Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that - besides which, none of us look at our bikes when we're riding them, and it is the ride that counts.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My akra money will be going on a blipper next year if I don't crash this one.

This is so much more fun than the Tuono!
That doesn't sound very optimistic... lol

How do you find it more fun? Power delivery, handling or just better all round?

Soldato
I have to admit, even though I'm not keen on the looks - it's all about the engine on these. And the engines are bloody awesome!

My test ride a couple years ago had me giggling away :D

Man of Honour
OP
That doesn't sound very optimistic... lol

How do you find it more fun? Power delivery, handling or just better all round?

It's a far better street bike, and all the fun is in the acceleration instead of in the outright speed and maximum lean. The tuono is very fun ridden fast on perfect surfaces, the mt 10 is fun most of the time.

The mt 10 is an excited puppy that is just happy you threw a ball at it while the tuono is a very serious tool with the world's best sound track, looking for a race circuit to play on.

Man of Honour
OP
@Kreeeee Good choice . Make sure it has the latest map . And get the top rad guard . Really want the akro pipe but im not paying there silly prices

Do you have any info on this map that I can send to the dealer, I'll really struggle to explain this in French. I know it hasn't been done because it's only had the first service done on it at 1000 km before the map was released.

Is this something they'll pickup at the next service or could they miss it?

Caporegime
Congrats dude, epic bike, even if it has looks only a mother could love! Epic machine and I'm sure you'll get tons of joy out of it. Also nice to see the word "occasion" used on pre-owned stuff, the French do this too, as well as the Dutch and the Flemish (I know right? I can barely contain my excitement!)

Soldato
Do you have any info on this map that I can send to the dealer, I'll really struggle to explain this in French. I know it hasn't been done because it's only had the first service done on it at 1000 km before the map was released.

Is this something they'll pickup at the next service or could they miss it?

They should pick it up in the service i would guess . If they cant do it for whatever reason you can always get a custom map . You dont need to decat it or tune it to improve the way it rides . Just removing the limiter in the first gears and lowering the fan cut in is worth the remap .. it also dose not effect the rain map etc . All the guys over here are getting the Woolich map which with license and dyno is about £350 . You can also get the autoblipper function in the map .. its in the ecu just lacking the hardware .

Would defo recommend the up and lower guards . I didnt realize the oil cooler came with a small guard but i got both fitted .(black Yamaha ones)

And i agree with your points on the s1000r . But if anything i really disliked it .. Was to good it wasnt fun .. The loaner i had the brakes were rubbish (i think it was down to the aftermarket levers) and the vibes at 6k annoyed me no end . Its maybe best in class but unless your at 10/10's its not much fun .

Back
Top Bottom