197mph stock

Man of Honour
Was browsing bike mags today and one had a article on the BMW s1000r, all they did was put gaffer tape on screen to smooth it abit, and add +2 on rear sprocket

Think they run at bruntingthorpe, even with its legendary tail wind im blown away with the result. They said it also had more to go..... Looks like we have the first 200mph stock bike

Must resist buying.....

Associate
I'd have thought you'd need more than gaffer tape to stay on a bike at 200mph ;)

I bet you'd be hiding behind the screen with your adrenaline pumping.

That kind of speed is impressive in a car; on a bike :eek:

Man of Honour
OP
Not yet, i know when do I'll want to buy it.... After this winter might have to treat myself.

Problem is i can't remember last time I opened up the zx10 which makes me think i now should be looking at tourers :(. Old man syndrome is kicking in

Associate
Yep the new quad cam is a good bit puncher than the old pushrod donk.You can pedal them quite quickly on the twistys,just get hammered on the straights.
Plus if you see a nice B road,you can duck down it ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Hayabusa can hit 200mph stock I thought?

They never could, was abit of a urban myth. I had a stock 2001 busa up to indicated 198, but real speed much lower. I think the 08 busa has seen high 180s but it's down on bhp compared with the s1000

The torque on busa does make high speed work effortless though, certainly better for mile munching.... The BMW has taken things to a new level though

Associate
They are nice aint they.

But to be fair you would have to test on a level playing field ie a deristricted busa or zzr1400 and then go up 2 on the rear sprocket on both, i think both would beat the s1000.

and tbh 2 up on the rear aint stock is it ;)

Man of Honour
OP
They are nice aint they.

But to be fair you would have to test on a level playing field ie a deristricted busa or zzr1400 and then go up 2 on the rear sprocket on both, i think both would beat the s1000.

and tbh 2 up on the rear aint stock is it ;)

I'd love to see a full on comparison, grunt and aero of hyper bikes might win through.... But that dam BMW weighs nothing at all

Associate
I'd love to see a full on comparison, grunt and aero of hyper bikes might win through.... But that dam BMW weighs nothing at all

I would take the BMW over the busa/14 any day but my choices are limited these days :mad: and like you i would like to see a proper test done.

Just think it's a bit unfair testing restricted vs unresticted, is it only the big 3 who had the 186 agreement ?

Back
Top Bottom