~£200 Android phone suggestions

Soldato
I'm currently looking at replacing my Huawei P8 Lite 2017 because the 16GB storage is abysmal. I don't even have that many apps and every now and then it says it can't update because there's no space.
Also the GPS loses signal every so often, which sometimes can be fixed by turning location off and on again, but other times I need to restart the phone.

Looking at something 5-5.5", with a decent camera, dual if possible. Looking closer to £100-150. Is the A1 the best phone to get around £150 with dual cameras?

Soldato
Looking for a phone for my son. He currently has an iPhone 5 but he's happy to go to Android which I know nothing about. Read here that people rate the Motorola G5S, but have also seen Samsung do a J5. Any preference over each here? He already has a sim only deal which runs until August, so looking to buy the handset outright, budget around £175. Thanks.

Permabanned
Update on VKworld S8's battery performance.

Just uninstalled one Weather app that seems to have drawn too much power.
Now, it stands at 93% remaining battery, with 1 day and 10 hours up time after recharge.
The phone expects 16 days remaining on this charge.
The battery is very strong. With very light use of the WiFi, it can last for 10 days, my own estimation now. I am through the first cycle charge-discharge and currently 82% after 1 day and 14 hours.

Look, if you use the phone very intensely, no battery will last you for very long.

BTW, there are extremely dense batteries, like 10,000 mAh and higher.

I'm currently looking at replacing my Huawei P8 Lite 2017 because the 16GB storage is abysmal. I don't even have that many apps and every now and then it says it can't update because there's no space.
Also the GPS loses signal every so often, which sometimes can be fixed by turning location off and on again, but other times I need to restart the phone.

Looking at something 5-5.5", with a decent camera, dual if possible. Looking closer to £100-150. Is the A1 the best phone to get around £150 with dual cameras?

These 16GB are not the limit for the updating process. For that, the limit is perhaps 2GB or something.

Associate

Mi A1 all the way in my opinion. Stock Android, fast updates, decent camera which can use HDR+ and EIS with a little tweak, solid battery life, smooth for the price (Snapdragon 625) and it even has a headphone jack.

Soldato
Yeah I bought the A1 from Aliexpress from the Xiaomi online store as they had 10% off. If they're the official store I don't know, but they had by far the most number of reviews and orders from them. Plus the 4$ off coupon, a total of £135 delivered. Hopefully I don't get stung at customs.

Associate
Hello all

I'm also thinkning of a new phone in this price band. I currently have the OnePlu X. It's been a good phone although mine has shocking battey life.

I'd like something similar with better batteyr life and it would be nice to have wireless charging and/or NFC. Android OS.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
Well i am impressed with the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus i bought last week for £180 i wont be spending silly money on phones anymore after my experience with this phone its been great so far and the 4000mah battery certainly makes a noticeable difference for me.

6" screen 18.9
64gb memory
4gb ram
Expandable memory
Finger print reader

even came with a case and screen protector installed.

I think these Chinese phones are only going to get more popular and will eventually give the big boys a run for there money :)

Back
Top Bottom